Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi calling s21 ultra

(Topic created on: 29-03-2021 10:31 PM)
steelmalc
Helping Hand
Options

Hi can any one help got my s21 ultra today tranfered all my stuff from s20u but soon as i put my sim in the new phone iv got no wifi calling and cant find it in any settings or though the phone dailer and the 3 dots way was working fine on the s20u also tried taking the sim out and restarting the phone

cheers

S24 ultra 512gb-q95t tv- Galaxy watch 46mm
0 Likes
58 REPLIES 58
jab1972
First Poster
Options

Hi steelmalc

Thanks for replying, that's interesting, I also find that the Wifi Calling will work if I travel to friend/family but eventually (at what point is a mystery and very difficult to pin down) I find that the Wifi Calling and VoLTE will always eventually stop working and the only way to restore is to reboot the phone.

This will happen every day if I travel, but if I stay at home both services will work fine for days.

Its very frustrating 

Can I ask, is your phone running the same software versions as mine?

*Edit* I also notice from your post on page 1 of this thread that you also have to "VoLTE calls SIM 1" option in Network settings, my phone does not have this option even though VoLTE works most of the time.

Screenshot_20210329-213720_Software update.jpg

0 Likes
steelmalc
Helping Hand
Options
Yer seems to be the same ..don't know if it's because mine is unlocked (SIMFREE)from Samsung you could look under connections /mobile networks/then access point names mine say contract wap don't know if it will do anything but could be worth a look

20210329_214947_5837.jpg

0 Likes
jab1972
First Poster
Options

Ahhh, I think the difference could be that yours is direct from Samsung and so doesn't have the Voda "Variant" firmware.

That would also explain why you also have the VoLTE menu option and mine doesn't.

Its Ironic as the reason I purchased mine though Voda was that I specifically wanted to make sure the Wifi Calling and VoLTE worked.

This makes me more convinced its a Voda issue in their "Variant" firmware. 

I assume yours must say different in the "Service provider software version" under About Phone/Software information.

Screenshot_20210329-220730_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
steelmalc
Helping Hand
Options
It's not much different apart from the service provider software version so yer that could be something to do with it to be honest iv never liked buying from a provider was never keen on the software they install on them so I always try and buy direct ie Samsung

SmartSelect_20210329-222648_Settings_3752.jpg

0 Likes
SoNOFbEaRd
Explorer
Options
I've also been having trouble. Eventually after threating to cancel (I'm on 12 month rolling SIM), they put me through to the tech dept, who swore blind I'd get an OTA update in 24 hrs.
I've just taken a new contact, and another phone/SIM contract for my partner. If they don't get this resolved, I'll cancel both.
0 Likes
steelmalc
Helping Hand
Options
It's just getting the right person that knows what they are doing I managed to get it done on live chat within minutes it was done she did also say if it has not should try restarting my phone but didn't have too
0 Likes
SoNOFbEaRd
Explorer
Options
I'll try again this afternoon 🙂
Members_YdgBrUO
First Poster
Options

Worked for me on BT. I had to restart but got the Wifi Calling option back. Thank you for the help! 

0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Glad you got it sorted 👍
0 Likes