Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi calling s21 ultra

(Topic created on: 02-02-2021 01:26 PM)
steelmalc
Helping Hand
Options

Hi can any one help got my s21 ultra today tranfered all my stuff from s20u but soon as i put my sim in the new phone iv got no wifi calling and cant find it in any settings or though the phone dailer and the 3 dots way was working fine on the s20u also tried taking the sim out and restarting the phone

cheers

S24 ultra 512gb-q95t tv- Galaxy watch 46mm
0 Likes
58 REPLIES 58
garyb88
Student
Options
Thanks for this. Finally got it working, I think asking for the OTA configuration did the trick.
0 Likes
Chistery
Pathfinder
Options

I've tried on quite a few calls and live chats asking for the OTA configuration and they just go on about my account and waiting 24 hours. I use Vodafone as I get good coverage, but their support really is bad.

0 Likes
BorGaS
Journeyman
Options
Try telling them you've got an S20 Ultra... That's what sorted me. I think they see S21 and don't know what to do as not listed on their tooling.
0 Likes
highlightshadow
Student
Options

Screenshot_20210201-194548_Call settings.png

Setting just appeared for me about 6 hours after my chat

So chat to tech and they'll provision the device

0 Likes
Chistery
Pathfinder
Options
a Vodafone senior manager just called me. apparently Samsung have to approve sending the ota update to my phone which will take 24 hours!
0 Likes
steelmalc
Helping Hand
Options
my phone again tomoz and see what they say again hopefully I'll get someone that knows what they are doing
0 Likes
Chistery
Pathfinder
Options

Finally managed to get it working on Vodafone. Another live chat and they sent the update straight away. 5 days, many calls and chats later, it's working.

Solution
steelmalc
Helping Hand
Options
at last after half hour chat again they passed it to someone else and boom straight away within seconds

Screenshot_20210202-142241_One UI Home.jpg

jab1972
First Poster
Options

Hi, can I ask if anybody finds that the Wifi Calling will intermittently just stop's working requiring a phone reboot to restore?

I on Voda uk and successfully managed to get them to send to OTA config to enable to Wifi Calling option.

I find that the Wifi Calling works but if I travel around (and the phone connects to different Wifi Networks depending on my location) eventually the Wifi calling will just stop working (unable to make a call when putting the phone into Airplane mode with Wifi enabled).

If I reboot the phone it instantly stars working again.

I also find that when the Wifi Calling has stopped working the VoLTE (voice calling on 4G and 5G) also stops working and the phone will drop back to 3G when I make a call in a strong 4G/5G area. 

Again rebooting the phone restores VoLTE and the phone will make a call on 4G/5G again.

I have raised this with Voda UK and Samsung but no body seems to have a clue.

I have tried numerous network and full phone resets (running phone with no installed apps) and this issue still occurs.

I can only assume that there is an issue with the Voda UK firmware?

Many thanks for any comments

Regards

Jason

0 Likes
steelmalc
Helping Hand
Options
I'm with voda UK and sky broadband and mine works fine with no problems also if I go to a friend's house he is on virgin broadband and works just fine it does take a couple minutes sometimes to connect if I'm out and using different WiFi but at home it connects just fine
0 Likes