Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi calling s21 ultra

(Topic created on: 30-01-2021 01:46 PM)
steelmalc
Helping Hand
Options

Hi can any one help got my s21 ultra today tranfered all my stuff from s20u but soon as i put my sim in the new phone iv got no wifi calling and cant find it in any settings or though the phone dailer and the 3 dots way was working fine on the s20u also tried taking the sim out and restarting the phone

cheers

S24 ultra 512gb-q95t tv- Galaxy watch 46mm
0 Likes
58 REPLIES 58
steelmalc
Helping Hand
Options
I'll give at a go later thanks so much
Chistery
Pathfinder
Options

Maybe I should phone Vodafone, but it's such hard work. You have to get through "Tobi" telling you to hang up and not bother them a few times and to read a text message, then it asks if you're still waiting, and to go away, before you can finally get through to someone with a poor quality voip line.

0 Likes
Jamsterdm
Helping Hand
Options

I rang 191, chose mobile option, asked for technical, wasn't recognised, said issues with WiFi calling, the recorded message said you already have it then put me through to someone, waited about 3mins then got through to someone at technical who ordered it 

0 Likes
steelmalc
Helping Hand
Options

25 minutes talking to someone that doesnt know what they are doing sending me texts  and restarting the phone and its still not working

0 Likes
RohitD
Explorer
Options

Did you try the phone app, 3 dots and choose wifi calling? 

0 Likes
steelmalc
Helping Hand
Options
yer its not even showing also took the sim out and restarted the phone and also reset the network settings
0 Likes
steelmalc
Helping Hand
Options
this is what Vodafone chat had 2 say

20210130_181212_1856.jpg

0 Likes
BorGaS
Journeyman
Options
Was told similar...
0 Likes
highlightshadow
Student
Options

Yeah ... i'm getting same runaround .... definitely doesn't need to be "bought from voda" as my xperia worked fine last year and that was bought from giffgaff who's an O2 owned company.

It's getting the right person to enable it in the config and send the voda config to the phone that's needed

0 Likes
highlightshadow
Student
Options

You can do it through chat.... but you have to remain consistent and clear.

They'll want you to enable it in phone (we can't - that's the issue)
They'll want you to reset APN (already tried)
They'll want to enable it on the account (i'd already done that yesterday and it worked on my previous device)
In the end i kept asking to be put through to tech team... they did in the end (30m)
That person similarly wanted to enable on account...

This was the phrase i kept using:
Need you to force the phone via sending an OTA configuration update that should provision your phone for Calling Over WiFi.

In the end i'm now waiting for the update to come through --- they've said it'll be a few hours ... so fingers crossed

0 Likes