Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi calling s21 ultra

(Topic created on: 28-01-2021 08:59 PM)
steelmalc
Helping Hand
Options

Hi can any one help got my s21 ultra today tranfered all my stuff from s20u but soon as i put my sim in the new phone iv got no wifi calling and cant find it in any settings or though the phone dailer and the 3 dots way was working fine on the s20u also tried taking the sim out and restarting the phone

cheers

S24 ultra 512gb-q95t tv- Galaxy watch 46mm
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
steelmalc
Helping Hand
Options
at last after half hour chat again they passed it to someone else and boom straight away within seconds

Screenshot_20210202-142241_One UI Home.jpg

View solution in context

58 REPLIES 58
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
I had posted this earlier - lost the WiFi calling setting on my Note 10+ after Android 11 UI 3 update - had tried sim out, restart which didn't solve it but the steps below did - dont know if will work on S21 Ultra but maybe worth a try

" I lost the WiFi Calling setting on my Note10+ after the One UI 3 Android 11 update 

After playing around a bit I now have the setting back and working - 

I went into Settings - Connections - Mobile Networks - Network Operators and turned off Select Automatically. 

It then asked if I wanted to scan for networks - let it scan and then tapped on my normal network ( Vodafone ) Then checked in the Phone Settings menu and WiFi Calling option was back !!!

( Turned on flight mode, turned WiFi back on to simulate no phone signal, and call worked fine over WiFi )

Hopefully this might help anyone else having the same problem 

NB WiFi calling was already turned on on my network account/ plan 

Also while it worked for me and I don't think re scanning for the network would cause any other issues, I take no responsibility for anyone else trying it "

steelmalc
Helping Hand
Options
Nice one ill give it a go I'm also on Vodafone I thought it may have been because its a new phone
0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Let us know how you get on - fingers crossed will work for you !
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

I am also on Vodafone and when seeing your post... I also have the original 'WiFi calling ' feature missing with One UI 3. 

However are you sure it just hasn't been renamed to the following screenshot ?  

Screenshot_20210128-220514_Call settings.jpg

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes
steelmalc
Helping Hand
Options
the other way didn't work and this is what mine says I'm wondering if I delete the Vodafone stuff under mobile networks then restart it will come back

SmartSelect_20210128-220921_Call settings_1560.jpg

0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi - no - Volte and WiFi Calling are 2 separate things

Volte is something to do with getting a clearer voice sound but call is still on the mobile network
Wifi Calling will route a call through whatever WiFi connection you have if your phone cannot get a mobile signal

( nb you also need to have WiFi Calling setting up on your account with your network provider eg Vodafone or EE or whoever)
0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
@steelmalc - sorry didn't work but what you suggest may do
I figured on my note 10+ that what I did effectively did that by re applying vodafone as the network - I note you have 5g which I don't but don't know if that would make any difference
Might also be worth calling Vodafone and ask them specifically in relation to your phone model - don't know if they could send you an OTA configuration file maybe
0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
@steelmac - sorry just realised the screenshot you showed is I believe from the connections section of the main settings - the WiFi Calling option is in the phone settings ie open the phone dialer - tap the 3 dots at top rhs and then tap settings
0 Likes
steelmalc
Helping Hand
Options
it was set up on my s20 ultra and working fine it maybe a Vodafone thing iv just put sim back in the s20 and its not working on that one also now probably leave a couple of days and give them a ring just checked my setting on the voda app and it's says it is on
0 Likes