Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi calling on Vodafone UK

(Topic created on: 30-01-2021 06:40 PM)
Philbr58
Navigator
Options
Has anyone got this working yet? We have two new phones and neither shows WiFi calling in the phone app settings. S21 Ultra direct from Samsung and S21+ from Vodafone. 
45 REPLIES 45
Jamsterdm
Helping Hand
Options

Managed to get mine working. 

Try texting calling to 97888, take the SIM out and put in another device if you have one. If you don't, no stress. Restart the phone. Reinsert the SIM. 

Also I did turn off and on via the my Vodafone app aswell. 

Check for software updates too. 

It does work 

0 Likes
Jamsterdm
Helping Hand
Options

In the end immediately after speaking to the technical team, and telling them what device I had WiFi calling appeared. 

0 Likes
Philbr58
Navigator
Options
Still not working. Trying to get Vodafone to fix it. 😞
StefanS21
First Poster
Options

Guys, got my S21 yesterday, all great, then earlier it asked me to restart the phone to confirm and update the service provider (vodafone in my case). Now its reset back to factory settings, everything gone. Anyone else had this? Tried restarting a few more times but no joy.
edit: the phone still unlocks with my face and the new screensaver I added is still there so not completely reset I guess. Weird.

0 Likes
Cabamaru
First Poster
Options
Hi there, did you have to restart and then the Wi-Fi Calling option just appeared? I am on a call with them, but yet to be resolved.
0 Likes
Jamsterdm
Helping Hand
Options
they used a bit of software or something, they put me on hold for a couple of mins... it appeared as soon as the call had finished no restart needed
0 Likes
Cabamaru
First Poster
Options
Thank you for your response. For me, they activated it on their end which made no difference. The next step was to put me on hold for quite a bit of time, and they came back and said they will be pushing a configuration to my device in the next 24 hours and will call me back to check if it is working, so I am waiting for this.
0 Likes
GreenJacket
Apprentice
Options
that's the problem - there is no 'Wifi Calling' listed anywhere.
0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
Vodafone issue not Samsung issue. it seems you have to ask Vodafone to turn on WiFi calling where as all other networks have WiFi calling turned on as standard
0 Likes
coakers
Explorer
Options
this us not just Vodafone having the same issue with O2