Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi & Mobile Data Issue

(Topic created on: 23-11-2021 04:53 AM)
MaxSG
Student
Options

Hi everyone,

Have you encountered this issue of while you are at home, the phone is connected to the internet thru the wifi. However, once you are out of the house, the phone failed to automatically switch to connect using mobile data. both wifi and mobile data on the phone are on. Hence, I have to manually turn off the wifi connection before i could access the internet thru mobile data. Shouldn't it be seamless connectivity? I just switched over from ios. TIA. Galaxy S21 5G 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @MaxSG 

Yes it should be a seamless change of connection.

My phone's have been fine at doing this but I have seen posts from other members as to where they have experienced issues when the phone moves from one connection type to another.

It could be that your phone is working hard to stay connected to Wi-Fi.

Also in the advanced section of Wi-Fi I have the Switch to Mobile Data toggled On.

You could try resetting your network connection via settings,  general management,  reset then reset network settings.

There are some troubleshooting tips from Samsung and there is some information on the internet via a Google search.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
MaxSG
Student
Options

Hi BandofBrothers,

Thank you for your reply. As my wife and I are using the same phone, we were surprised we have the same issue. I have checked "Switch to Mobile Data", it is on. I have turned it OFF and ON again to see if resets the issue. Once again, thank you for your reply.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome @MaxSG 

Do please consider all troubleshooting tips via a search.

It's certainly a conundrum that some experience this scenario and some don't  !

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes