Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Wi-Fi 6E] S21 Ultra Wi-Fi 6E cannot connect to 6G Wi-Fi when 6G SSID 802.11 beacon in the guest SSID beacon's MBSSID IE

(Topic created on: 16-11-2021 06:37 AM)
Frank Qian
First Poster
Options

Hi Team,

I have a Wi-Fi 6E router, this router has Wi-Fi 6Ghz band and has 2 SSID, one is a primary SSID, one is a hidden guest SSID.

I found I hardly scan out primary SSID and connect failed every time, but connecting to guest SSID is OK.

I captured the 802.11 air packets, I found the router 6G only Broadcast one hide guest SSID, but the primary SSID in the guest SSID beacon's MBSSID IE.

I research some information about this type of MBSSID:

6 GHz AP that supports Multi BSSID and advertising partial list of non-Tx BSSID profiles is required to be an Enhanced Multi-BSSID Advertisement (EMA AP). MBSSID is mandatory for 6 GHz frequency band.

According to 11ax draft 3.2+ ‘A 6GHz AP shall set the Co-Hosted BSS subfield in HE Operation element to 0’. In other words, it is mandatory to use MBSSID in 6GHz when an AP box has multiple VAPs. Motivation is to keep the number and size of management frames to be as minimal as possible in 6Ghz. MBSSID mode will help to achieve the goal of minimizing the number of management frames in 6Ghz.

My router should follow the 11ax draft 3.2+ stand, it should be a bug for S21 Wi-Fi, can you give me a solution?

Note: My laptop which has AX210 6E Wi-Fi can connect primary and guest SSID.

FrankQian_0-1637044290434.png

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12RSBbvfrzXLAM18e5yCNllGxkMuqwpeI/view?usp=sharing

6 REPLIES 6
Luka K
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue on my end with S21... any updates on this topic?

To add: my Windows 11 laptop doesn't have any issues connecting to 6G band on same router.

0 Likes
ToonTonic
Pathfinder
Options

I too have this issue, and it's quite frustrating.

For what it's worth I have the following devices:

S21 Ultra

Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra

ASUS GT-AXE110000 router

I also have a Windows 11 PC that has a WIFI 6E card installed, and that has no issues connecting to the router.

Would we be able to have any advice, as I'm aware these Samsung devices listed above ALL apparently support WIFI 6E.

So many Samsung products, so many problems...One day I will learn!
0 Likes
DL86
First Poster
Options

I also have this issue with my S21 Ultra and ASUS GT-AXE110000 router as well.

I can see the SSID for WIFI 6E for a split second before I can click on it, it disappeared, no matter how I refresh it will only appear for that split second. 

0 Likes
ToonTonic
Pathfinder
Options
I fully bieve it's an issue with the S21 Ultra in connecting (or lack of) with WiFi 6E.

I have the Tab S8 Ultra, and that very rarely has any issue with seeing, and then connecting to the 6E band.

S21 Ultra though, even at the same time just doesn't see it.

Occasionally it does. So I just believe it's more Samsung fake marketing, and they have a very poor implementation of a 6E radio recepter in the device.

I have had my S21 Ultra replaced over this issue by Samsung, and the issue still persisted with a new S21 Ultra.

So it's 100% the device.

Will see what the Fold 4 offers.
0 Likes
Manny Cavalier
Journeyman
Options

Here is the answer:

MannyCavalier_0-1664360601004.png

0 Likes
ToonTonic
Pathfinder
Options
Please explain this in layman terms of possible, as my S21 Ultra does occasionally connect to my WiFi 6E router which doesn't have any guest mode enabled.

My router/modem is:

Asus GT-AXE16000
0 Likes