Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why was my post criticising the S21 Ultra camera performace removed?

(Topic created on: 09-03-2021 05:52 PM)
StewyC87
Student
Options
Hey everyone,

I am requesting some assistance as ChrisM appears to have deleted my post in which I expressed some disappointment in the S21U camera and performance after coming from a Note 9. Took me a while to type out and prepare of the photographic proof too. What a waste of my time that turned out to be.

Is there a specific reason other than "NAR" (which I don't even understand the meaning of) that my post was deleted?

Now I'm sure there is a reason or a rule I missed because I definitely would hope that dissenting voices weren't being silenced...but I'm not a tinfoil hat type of guy so I doubt it's that...

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
NAR means no action required, not sure why it was deleted but I have been told there is a bug with the app at the moment. If a moderator sees this they should explain why.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
There's been many a post criticising the S21 series and its camera. I'm not sure if your post was deleted but I'd be very surprised if it were the case. In any event, the camera on the S21 Ultra in my opinion isn't at the level I know it should be, seeing as even my S20 Ultra produces better images in certain low light situations. It's far from perfect, but it does typically produce a pleasing image in my eyes in most situations. Compared to prior Galaxy cameras, I can say hands down its colours are much more accurate to real life. I just hope they hold true to fixing the low light issues this month as has been reported.
0 Likes
StewyC87
Student
Options
I hope that's the case with the update but I'd still argue that normal daytime shots are massively over sharpened.

yes, there's more noise on my Note 9 but writing and other fine details are a lot more legible than on the S21U. It appears as though the S21U can't focus on anything it particular and creates horrid halos around objects and lacks detail when zooming in.

I've taken some good shots on the s21u but it's damp hard work to get them and out of every 10 I take around 3 are usable.

I'm seriously underwhelmed by the camera. I do not think you should be spending £1300 to be a beta tester and live in hope that software updates will fix poor camera software.

Seriously having to think about looking at a different phone in which the camera performs as it should but unfortunately there's no way I'd touch a Huawei or a Xiaomi (each for different reasons) which only really leaves me with the hope that the OnePlus 9 Pro has finally sorted its camera quality out or I leave Android for the dreaded realms of iOS...The Pro Max 12 takes very good pictures in all lighting, less over zealous processing on them, retains detail when zooming in for a crop and will get software updates for 5 years minimum. It does mean making a sacrifice in display quality l, refresh rate and that horrible notch and less customisation so I'm extremely conflicted.

I know a perfect phone doesn't exist and compromising is part of the decision making but the camera and gaming performance are 2 of my big qualifiers meaning I'm in a bit of a pickle!
0 Likes
StephK1
Options

Hey @StewyC87 hope you're well! If you receive a notification from one of the mods that says 'NAR', this doesn't mean that your post has been removed. It's a glitch within the moderation system that is pushing notifications through from the moderation side of Community, which you're then unable to access, due to not being a moderator. We're doing our best to get this fixed, and appreciate it can be a bit annoying. If you receive any of these in the future, please just ignore them, it won't affect any of your posts. 🙂

Endearing
Apprentice
Options

I agree. The camera can't focus on anything specific and I'm noticing when I'm post my picture of a photo app, it denies it to being overexposed and/or noise. They do look fake, blurred or watercolor like. It's quite annoying I can't do with anything with these pictures. I'm hoping they fix this kinda issue. 

keith30
Maestro
Options
Yeah, he does that with some of my posts. He's a pain in the bum if you ask me. The mods keeps saying it's a glitch but if Is then they need to fix it.
0 Likes