Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why the S21U is going back

(Topic created on: 20-03-2021 11:29 AM)
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
So I have had an S21U to replace my S20 5G about 2 weeks, luckily I kept the S20 5G as I'm going back to it. The ultra is an amazing phone and mine had 0 issues at all, however I found I wasn't using half the features mainly the camera and the sole purpose of me purchasing this phone was to get much better battery, s20 get me on average 5 hours of sot and s21u gets 7 hours, got the s20 5G on a deal and paid £600 back in November, paid £1150 ,for the ultra, I believe spending nearly double to get 2 hours extra battery for me personally was not worth it and I just can't get used to the size it's absolutely enormous. However it is a really good phone and would recommend to most power users and people that love media and photography, however the battery is just average and the handset is basically a mini tablet. Sticking to 6.2 S series from now on, will be waiting for the 6.2 s22 and then will probably finally part with my beloved s20 at this point 👍
8 REPLIES 8
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I got mine as an upgrade as my contract was coming to an end. I was thinking of sending mine back for the same reasons. Naked, it was awkward to use but a wallet has helped. The other thing is its weight which I never thought I'd get used to. I have persisted and will keep mine. My disappointment is the S21 and plus models build quality and screen resolution is not as good as the Ultra otherwise I would have got one of those. My S10 served me well and perhaps I should have kept it.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
yea I get that totally, I think for me I just prefer compact phones and I need not stress about battery as there is chargers everywhere, will defo keep this and purchase an s22 even if they still follow the way the s21 went I will get used to it but hopefully they will bring a few things back to the s22
0 Likes
kkh786
Navigator
Options
The RRP is steep that's why I'm glad I managed to grab my 512gb Exynos S21 Ultra for £959 brand new from a major UK retailer using codes during sales. 🙂

All the best for the future! 👍
Current Samsung Devices: Galaxy S20+ 5G (Cosmic Black/128GB) | Galaxy Watch3 (Mystic Black/45mm Bluetooth) | Galaxy Buds (Aura Glow Silver)
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
yea it is and I think after paying £600 for a £900 phone I will always struggle to spend that money again
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
R.I.P ash's s21 ultra,it may be going but it won't be forgotten......can we all have a minutes silence please 🤫😥🤣
0 Likes
Haytch
Helping Hand
Options
Samsung are slowly becoming like Apple, trying their absolute best to copy Apple. At one point Samsung was Samsung and Apple was Apple. Meaning, Samsung had its own features like micro sd card, charger in the box, every model was qhd resolution etc. Now they are slowly removing features and putting the best features on only the ultra model. Even then the Ultra has removed features also.

I'm happy right now with my s20 ultra as it has a micro sd slot and had a charger in the box. The new s21 series have removed alot of these features.

I would say stick to the s10 plus, it has everything you need plus the headphone jack, headphones, charger, qhd screen, great camera, mst, glass body etc
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
they are this is true but it doesn't bother me, I have about 8 15w chargers, and my s20 came with a 25w charger so I don't need a charger, I have buds pro so don't need headphones and the phone comes with 128gb of storage and I have Google photos so to be honest I don't use any of that, only thing that's a bit c r a p is the plastic back and a bump down in resolution but if I get to the s22 and its the same I will take it, samsung is very expensive, but generally the quality of their phones is brillant with the exception of the s20 FE, they do have a walled garden with sheep in just like apple but the difference is samsungs gate is always wide open apples isn't, I don't hate apple I just found that when I spend all that money with them the bugs in the software were just awful, samsung has one flaw and that's battery other than that they are brill
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
it's gone on to someone with bigger hands, I have girls hands lol so it just didn't work with me 😃