Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why resolution on the phone is only 1080x2400 and can't be changed?

(Topic created on: 05-02-2021 09:13 PM)
TheEyes
Pioneer
Options
S20 can change to higher resolution and this one S21 cannot, also the screen quality like that is worst.. what is wrong with this phone ? Its like A version's not S.
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
the s21 and s21 plus only have 1080p displays.. only the ultra goes up to WQHD+
Bradleigh
Voyager
Options
You have that limited resolutions but you do go upto 120hz refresh rate 🙏

as already said the Ultra only has the WQHD+
0 Likes
TheEyes
Pioneer
Options
do u know that Samsung S6 has 1440 x 2560 and this one has 1080x 2400 can u imagine for what u pay 900 euro + today
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
the size of the display 1080p and WQHD+ differences are tiny. especially the regular s21 with its 6.1" display
0 Likes
TheEyes
Pioneer
Options
So from 60hz to 120hz makes better quality compare to resolutions and 1080p vs1440p ? You just killed me. Only A versions of Samsung have those and that's why they are half price. But this S21 its exactly A version phone with panel of S. Imagine I cannot click now 1440p in youtube after 5 years using my old phone lol no need to mention how much better the old one looks like.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
He didn't say it produced better quality. It's quite obvious you are unhappy but having a go at others who are providing you with facts is way out of line.
firax
Student
Options

I agree, just got the S21 coming from the S7. The screen on the S21 is absolute *****. Everything is blurry. I think I'm going to just change the battery on the S7 which was the main reason I changed phones. I'll use the S21 as a backup to the S7. 

0 Likes
firax
Student
Options

Agreed. The S21 screen is hot garbage. Sure 120hz is nice but I just turn it off to save battery anyway. 120hz is only really useful in the menue which u only spend like 5% of your time on anyways. The 1080p display on the S21 makes my eyes hurt avec 5mn when I try to read text. I absolutely hate de S21 display. It's a huge huge huge downgrade from the way older and smaller 1440p display on the S7.

0 Likes
firax
Student
Options

120hz is useless in Most cases imo. A 1440p 60hz display would have been way better. 1080p on a pentile Oled just looks bad for text. 

0 Likes