Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I cannot play videos in YouTube more than 1080p with Samsung S21 ??????

(Topic created on: 07-02-2021 01:31 PM)
TheEyes
Pioneer
Options
I contacted Samsung support and they have no idea about that my phone can't change resolution and also cannot play videos in YouTube more than 1080p. Anyone have this problem or any idea how to fix that or imagine this phone doesn't support that I will trow it from the window my old S6 can play better quality than this
19 REPLIES 19
TheEyes
Pioneer
Options
u don't have S20, u have utra probably
0 Likes
Bradleigh
Voyager
Options
you have s21 correct? even 1440p should play on YouTube because it will upscale no?
0 Likes
TheEyes
Pioneer
Options
Yes it's s21,not Ultra. With lower resolution than S6, S7 S8 S9 S10 and ofc S20. Not only doesn't play 1440p. The photos and videos quality bec of the cheap screen on real all looks worse than any other S version.
0 Likes
firax
Student
Options

Just got the s21 and the display is terrible. Really regret my purchase. Thinking of putting the S21 is a drawer and pulling my old S7 back out. 

0 Likes
firax
Student
Options

Yes but a native 1440p display downscaled to 1080p will look better than a native 1080p screen. Things might look a bit more blurry with 1080p res on 1440p screen but the S21 at 1080m just gives the screen door effect.  I just got the S21 and I'm really regreting my purchase. The screen looks terrible, especially when you read text. I can barely read more than 5mn before I have to put the phone down because of my burnig eye 

0 Likes
firax
Student
Options

Fully agree, the S21 screen is hot garbage. 

0 Likes
DeirdreGill
First Poster
Options

I had a similar problem. My videos on Samsung S21 didn’t play in higher resolution than 1080 p. I also appealed to support services, but they hadn’t any idea. With Samsung S6, 7, 8, 9, 10, I could easily watch videos in any resolution, but the image clarity and quality were terrified when I wanted to watch the video in 1440 p. 

0 Likes
lee815
Pathfinder
Options

My S21 Ultra will play 4k but you have to select it every time even with the Youtube settings set to high quality.

0 Likes
DeirdreGill
First Poster
Options

I had a similar problem.

0 Likes
TechMaharathi
First Poster
Options

My dear fried I am facing the same problem of display with my recently bought Samsung galaxy F34 smartphone. While playing YouTube 4k videos then it's display supports maximum of 1080p video only. For this reason when I have contacted Samsung Authorised Service centers today then Technical Staff told me it is the default settings of the model we can't do anything to solve it.It can't be go beyond 1080p.I am feeling cheated while wasted my ₹22000 on this smartphone which quality never justify it's Price. Upon this price point there are various companies smartphone are available with far better specifications and performance in terms of display resolution and refresh rate too.

And top on that Flipkart ,Amazon like marketplaces are selling smartphone with Service centers Replacement Policy where You will never get Return or Refund You can't replace it whatever you do in this regard. It's the violation of Consumer Right and in India only this can happen Due to customers are not apposing such policies of the company.

0 Likes