Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do Europeans get the short end of the stick? [Snapdragon vs Exynos]

(Topic created on: 12-12-2021 03:58 AM)
Tiase
Student
Options

I have often leaned towards Samsung when it came to buying a new smartphone. I even recommended the S21 to my dad and my little brother. I myself have the S20.

But later on I learn that they use two different chips, their inferior exynos chips for those of us in Europe, and their superior chips for those in the U.S. I feel like its unfair how Europeans end up getting an inferior product when paying just as much, if not more for the phones. I know some other countries get the inferior exynos too, but I don't know them all. I can only speak on what I know.

I get that it might be cheaper for Samsung to use their own chips in Europe, but that doesn't change the fact that even though we are buying the SAME phone, we are getting an INFERIOR product. How is this fair? How is this fair Samsung?

I feel like that's so disrespectful and I'm now at the point that if this is how Samsung is going to treat me as a customer, simply because I live in the EU, then I'll stop buying their products and I'll stop recommending their products to other people too. I'll switch over to Apple, Sony, Motorola or something else, not sure what, but certainly not Samsung anymore. It's practically a fact that we're going to get the inferior exynos version again and once that is official, then Samsung is dead to me.

18 REPLIES 18
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

The whole world runs on the Samsung Exynos chipset with the exception of Canada, China, Taiwan and the U.S.A. 

[EDIT] Removed Korea from list

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's complicated but Samsung is not allowed to use Exynos in the US. Qualcomm have them switched up.
Tiase
Student
Options

I'm sorry but that really doesn't make it any better. Just worse in fact.

Countries that get the exynos version should be paying LESS.

N1NJATH3ORY
Voyager
Options
So Korea is the home of Exynos and yet they give themselves Snapdragon yep makes pure sense!
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Yeah but they (Samsung) are allowed to use the snapdragon in Europe, I think that's the point he's making.
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Have removed Korea from the list in my previous post as Samsung now use the Exynos chipset for the G99*N devices.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
N1NJATH3ORY
Voyager
Options
No I think the point he's making is that Snapdragon is a far more superior CPU compared to the Exynos wasn't it only a few years ago when this same topic made headlines I can't recall correctly if it was S9 or S10 Samsung purposely was throttling the Snapdragon CPU so it can compete with the Exynos and yet with the Throttling enabled Snapdragon was still kicking the Exynos @$$ lol talk about backfire lol
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Not being rude but obviously, he means that Europe should be getting the snapdragon instead the exynos, that's the point he's making hence the title of his post is (Why do Europeans get the short end of the stick-snapdragon vs exynos)
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'm using the Fold³ purchased from Samsung UK and that has the Qualcomm Snapdragon soc running the phone.

Some other Samsung phone's released in the UK also have the Qualcomm Snapdragon soc inside them so really it's down to Samsung and their decision making process on what they supply.

I also imported the Samsung Note 20 Ultra from Samsung Hong-Kong as I wanted the Snapdragon version.

The Exynos soc has certainly come on in leaps and bounds recently so we'll have to see how that fairs in their next new generation of phone's. 

However for me my preference is the Snapdragon version as I feel this is better optimised.

That said my son uses the UK Samsung Galaxy s21 Ultra 5G with Exynos soc and is more than happy with it.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "