Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which charger to use?

(Topic created on: 14-02-2021 12:19 PM)
Aaron J
Journeyman
Options

I've just ordered 2 new S21's and was wondering which is the best charger to use that won't void the warranty?

Ideally looking for the best UK plug in and wireless chargers with the quickest charge time.

Cheers in advance 👍 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

The recommended one is here.  

Buy Samsung 25W Travel Adapter Plug | Samsung UK

Or wireless... but bear in mind this is 9W... so three times slower.  My personal choice would be wired... I have tried wireless chargers and they are a bit hit and miss.  Sometimes leave phone on pad slightly misaligned and wake up in the morning to find it has only half charged or worse still not charged at all.    I am not a big fan of wireless just now, but others do prefer this method. 

Buy Samsung Wireless Pad Charger with TA | Samsung UK

However, personally I am using my previous S10+ charger which charges at fast charge rates of 1.67*9V = 15W.    This will take about an extra 40 minutes on full charge from ~1hr30 to ~2hr 10, by the phone estimates when plugging in. 

If the 40 minutes is not much of a problem once a day then you can continue to use your old charger... there is not a warranty risk and you can choose to use whichever charger you like for your phone, so long as it has a USB-C output. 

However if you are buying, either use the recommended one above, or choose a reputable charger manufacturer such as Anker rather than a cheap manufacturer... you have spent a lot of money on new phones, don't risk them with sub standard manufacturer...worse protection circuits etc. 

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
masterzoin
Navigator
Options
I use 25w Samsung charger it does get at charging phone
0 Likes
bigmick01
First Poster
Options
I'm using my A5 2017 charger as its a fast charger also.... just paid a load of money for the s21 ultra and can't keep paying out for extras so I use my old charger...
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I use my old 18 Watts chargers, I charge at night so can't be bothered to buy a 25 watt charger as difference is only half an hour anyways.
Aaron J
Journeyman
Options

I'm more concerned with the warranty situation and I won't have a charging brick when I sell my old S9's.

I was also interested in which wireless charge options were best as there was very little info available at Samsung.com/uk or I couldn't find it 🤔 

0 Likes
Solution
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

The recommended one is here.  

Buy Samsung 25W Travel Adapter Plug | Samsung UK

Or wireless... but bear in mind this is 9W... so three times slower.  My personal choice would be wired... I have tried wireless chargers and they are a bit hit and miss.  Sometimes leave phone on pad slightly misaligned and wake up in the morning to find it has only half charged or worse still not charged at all.    I am not a big fan of wireless just now, but others do prefer this method. 

Buy Samsung Wireless Pad Charger with TA | Samsung UK

However, personally I am using my previous S10+ charger which charges at fast charge rates of 1.67*9V = 15W.    This will take about an extra 40 minutes on full charge from ~1hr30 to ~2hr 10, by the phone estimates when plugging in. 

If the 40 minutes is not much of a problem once a day then you can continue to use your old charger... there is not a warranty risk and you can choose to use whichever charger you like for your phone, so long as it has a USB-C output. 

However if you are buying, either use the recommended one above, or choose a reputable charger manufacturer such as Anker rather than a cheap manufacturer... you have spent a lot of money on new phones, don't risk them with sub standard manufacturer...worse protection circuits etc. 

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
You can use any charger and it won't void the warranty, unless you used a 3rd party charger that actually CAUSED the damage.

But just charging your phone with a non-Samsung official charger won't automatically void the warranty.

Imagine them trying to prove you didn't use a Samsung official charger or powerbank or laptop/desktop to charge ur device. Impossible. Practically everyone would have voided their warranty.
0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, I'd get the 25watt charger, I'm surprised how fast it charges my S21 ultra.
A tip I have fast charging/super fast charging & fast wireless charging activated.
0 Likes
Aaron J
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the replies everyone.  I didn't realise there was wireless charger with a 25w brick.  Looks like it'll probably be that one.

0 Likes