Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I put my S21 on charge it powers off.

(Topic created on: 03-03-2023 04:33 PM)
Equivz
Journeyman
Options
When I put my S21 on my 45w fast charger it just powers off. Could someone please explain as to why.

Many thanks.
13 REPLIES 13
Egg1
Voyager
Options
It's probably turning itself off as a fire precaution.
Some might have expected the Galaxy S21 and Galaxy S21+ to get 45W fast charging. Their predecessors maxed out at 25W. If Samsung were to ensure continuous improvement of their features, perhaps it would offer higher charging speeds. It doesn’t. Both of the new flagships can charge your phone at a maximum of 25W.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Fast charging seems to heat up the phones.

I recently noticed that my phone heats up if I use my 25 Watts charger.
So maybe as mentioned its shutting off as a precautionary measure to protect itself.
Try a 25 Watts or 15 Watts charger.

Ideally s21 ultra supports upto 25 Watts charging and mine is an official charger.
It doesn't shut down but gets pretty hot.
0 Likes
Equivz
Journeyman
Options
@GoanGeek
I just plugged my phone into my 15w charger and it just shut down.
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Equivz ,

are you using Samsung genuine chargers? Is the phone turning off without any warning after plugging this in? 

I would also recommend running a Diagnostics to see if there is anything wrong with the battery or the port from the Samsung Members app> Support> Phone diagnostics> Battery status first and then Cable charging.

0 Likes
adama705
First Poster
Options
How do I run a diagnostic
0 Likes
MidnightC4
Journeyman
Options

mine does the same since the last two updates it just gotten worse to the point i couldnt charge make sure you back up 

0 Likes
Gaurav_singh
Student
Options

Screenshot_20230611_181800_Smart Tutor.jpgThis was diagnosed in smart tutor and after cleaning charging port even charging IC was changed but still the same continued problem  

0 Likes
Gaurav_singh
Student
Options

Is your problem solved ?

0 Likes
Members_gsLddEH
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. Is there anyone with a solution?

0 Likes