Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WhatsUp notifications are delayed

(Topic created on: 26-08-2021 08:16 PM)
S21_notsohappy
Apprentice
Options

Notifications are delayed when phone screen is off. Notifications are coming right way when screen is on. Notifications are coming when e.g screen is opened and phone wakes up from some sleep.   

Soft, hard resets not helping especially when this has happened from day one with #S21 Naturally wahtsUp, WeChat, Outlook etc cache has been cleared product rebooted and reseted. Same with wifi and gsm network.

Have any of you found out how to fix this ? Net is full of same issue but no proper fixes.

Or anyone who can confirm this work atall with S21?

Support line just asks reset, factory reset etc but that is not helping… 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@S21_notsohappy Hello, try this: long press on WhatsApp icon, iboton / Notifications-activate everything.
Mobile data- activate:Allow background data usage and Allow data usage while Data saver is on.
Battery:  activate:Allow background activity.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
S21_notsohappy
Apprentice
Options

Those basic settings are as u described, and also battery optimization is not used. 

Can anyone confirm that notifications are coming instantly when phone is at sleep mode, e.g screen of 5min and then message sent by someone. i.e notifications coming trough instantly or are they coming after minutes delay or when screen is wakedup?

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
I have had this on my s21, I just ignored it and within 24 hrs it went back to normal
0 Likes