Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatsapp

(Topic created on: 25-11-2021 10:47 AM)
webby123
Apprentice
Options
Need some help....
I've done something in the phone settings to make the phone read out WhatsApp messages when it is connected to the cars stereo using Bluetooth. 
I haven't got a clue how to turn it off and it's getting rather annoying when it's reading out aloud all of the messages from my works group chat, especially when I don't have people's numbers saved because it reads out their phone numbers first as well.
Please can someone tell me how to turn this off and I will love you forever.
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
webby123
Apprentice
Options
On the settings for the actual stereo in the car?
0 Likes
illEez
Voyager
Options
Do you have'TalkBack' enabled?

Settings - Accessibility - TalkBack...then disable it.
0 Likes
webby123
Apprentice
Options
No I've been through the setting about 5 times clicking on everything to try and find what I've done but I've had no joy. Been through the settings on WhatsApp as well but can't find anything. Even emailed WhatsApp to see if they knew how to turn it off and they didn't have a clue
0 Likes
illEez
Voyager
Options
Maybe try removing the SMS permission from the app?

Settings - Apps - Android Auto - Permissions - select SMS - select Don't Allow

If that doesnt work, maybe try going into 'Storage' following the same steps as above to Android Auto, and then clearing the Cache.

...Then theres the 'In App Notification Settings' at the bottom of the Android Auto app section, where you could try toggle the options On/Off to see if that helps?

Have you downloaded the 'Good Guardians' app from the Galaxy Store, and with it the Galaxy App Booster? ...if not, do it, and run the App Booster, and hopefully thatshould help.

All that aside, I'd recommend following the instructions on this video to reset your phones cache; you might need to connect your phone by wire to a tablet/PC/whatever to access the menu when restarting your phone, as it wouldn't work for me without doing this.

Hope you get it sorted, but I'd try the options I listed in the order I listed them.
0 Likes
illEez
Voyager
Options
0 Likes
webby123
Apprentice
Options
Think I've sorted it. I had set a routine up for driving in the bixby app to make it read messages out aloud. Thanks for all the help guys