Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WhatsApp Video problem fix coming

(Topic created on: 27-11-2021 11:37 AM)
KalEl84
Pathfinder
Options
So, after backwards and forwards with WhatsApp about the video sending bug (affecting those who have updated to Android 12 and OneUI 4.0) they have finally acknowledged the bug and said they are working on a fix for a future update. At first they denied knowing anything about it and told me to send them a video of what happened so I tried to explain that's the problem, I can't as it'll be unviewable (I have both issues - some have a green line, some are just scrambled - I've have instances of both). So to illustrate what I meant I sent them a video - it was scrambled (you have to use WhatsApp to chat to their support). We had further back and forth resulting in them telling me to restart my phone to fix it... 🙄. Eventually I tried to explain it wasn't just me and sent screenshots (with all the names blanked out) from this forum and the Playstore listing with people reporting the same problem. Finally got a message back yesterday "We're aware of the issue and are working on fixing it in a future update of WhatsApp.". So fingers crossed it won't take long.
19 REPLIES 19
Leanne87
Student
Options

I updated this morning and I can no longer send videos without a green line or the video is completely distorted. Thought it was just my phone! Hope they fix this soon 

Skybiz
Pathfinder
Options
I too have been in contact with WhatsApp who had the cheek to assume that my problem (green lines) was caused because I had not updated WhatsApp or cleared the cache or data. How wrong they were. They have also told me that they will look into my problem.
0 Likes
S 21  ultra
Student
Options

Same issue with my dual whatsapp  ...any solution ? 

S 21  ultra
Student
Options

Same issue with my dual whatsapp

any solution ? 

0 Likes
Leanne87
Student
Options
No fix yet 😞
killak
Apprentice
Options

I have exact same problem!! So frustrating...

Has anyone found a fix yet?

duckpanda
First Poster
Options

Not a permanent solution but one way to get past it is to shoot not using fhd resolution for now. It works!

Hopefully whatsapp provides a permanent fix soon!

killak
Apprentice
Options
Does anyone know if this problem unique to just the S21 ultra?
0 Likes
Members_czuHjfw
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same problem for the last 2 weeks, either scrambled or green line

0 Likes