Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WhatsApp Video corrupting on upload

(Topic created on: 16-11-2021 07:41 AM)
Mtm1401
Navigator
Options

When trying to send videos over whatsapp, the files are 'corrupting' on upload. They go blurry and a green bar appears on the side (see screenshots from gallery and WhatsApp).

This was an issue on the beta and appears not to have been fixed on the stable release. Issue only appears in WhatsApp. Videos taken in the WhatsApp app are fine.

All the usual steps such as wiping cache, reinstalling WhatsApp etc. don't fix the issue.

Has anyone found a fix for this?

29 REPLIES 29
Littlxr
Journeyman
Options

I'm also having this issue. I'm also fairly certain that my S21 Ultra's Internet as a whole is slower than my previous Oneplus phone, whether on data or WiFi, but that's another issue. 

0 Likes
Barkaba
Student
Options

Same issue here. Looks like we have to wait for Whatsapp to fix it, not Samsung

0 Likes
Members_SqZmk7i
First Poster
Options

I have this also, have you found a fix?

0 Likes
Vivek Nair
First Poster
Options

I am facing the same issue on my S21+ since the Android 12 update. It also gets corrupted while uploading a status. Its absolutely annoying. I really hope Samsung/Whatsapp provides a fix for this asap! 

0 Likes
xyyyy
Apprentice
Options
I'm having the same problem 😕 also after the update my videos on steady mode are so blurry , I've taken into Samsung care support 3 times and it's still not fix they said was the new update so annoying as I use this for my work 🤦‍♀️Screenshot_20211123-193622_WhatsAppBusiness.jpg
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
OK Guys the WhatsApp bug has been fixed with the new update now BUKG . Look out for it.
0 Likes
Members_WbQzFG5
First Poster
Options

Anyone know when the update will be? Getting nowhere with WhatsApp and videos still corrupting since update!

0 Likes
Mtm1401
Navigator
Options
I got the update yesterday which fixes this (UK unlocked)
0 Likes
PastaFazool
First Poster
Options

From where?

0 Likes
Mtm1401
Navigator
Options
Just from software update in settings