Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WhatsApp Video corrupting on upload

(Topic created on: 16-11-2021 07:41 AM)
Mtm1401
Navigator
Options

When trying to send videos over whatsapp, the files are 'corrupting' on upload. They go blurry and a green bar appears on the side (see screenshots from gallery and WhatsApp).

This was an issue on the beta and appears not to have been fixed on the stable release. Issue only appears in WhatsApp. Videos taken in the WhatsApp app are fine.

All the usual steps such as wiping cache, reinstalling WhatsApp etc. don't fix the issue.

Has anyone found a fix for this?

29 REPLIES 29
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Try wiping the cache partition on the phone and that should resolve the issue. To do this, just search 'how to wipe cache partition S21' and you should find what you are looking for 🙂. Hope this helps! 😎
0 Likes
KalEl84
Pathfinder
Options
It doesn't fix it I'm afraid, I did this after every beta update and after the final release, nothing changed.
Mtm1401
Navigator
Options
Yea should have added, I did all of this, cleared app cache, all data, cache partition and fully removed and installed WhatsApp to no avail
0 Likes
KalEl84
Pathfinder
Options
I reported it at every beta update and have again now the final is out, if just say report it again, the more who do the better I hope!
0 Likes
Mtm1401
Navigator
Options
Same here, will just have to keep doing it until they sort it
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yeah.. same issues since beta reported nothing done. Wonder whether its samsung or WhatsApp.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
This is what I get with screen recorded videosScreenshot_20211116-190928_WhatsApp_39649.jpg
Skybiz
Pathfinder
Options
I have the same problem with the green line in the video but I didn't have this problem with any of the beta software
Mtm1401
Navigator
Options
Update from SamsungScreenshot_20211118-123343_Samsung Members.jpg