Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WhatsApp playing up

(Topic created on: 25-11-2021 12:49 PM)
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
So having several times even backed up my WhatsApp history chat backup and I tried to restore it it's not judging 

See info below ok Google drive 

WhatsApp backup 
Your chats and media (including photos, videos, audio and documents) are backed up on Google Drive. If you change devices, you can restore them when you reinstall WhatsApp. 

I don't get it at all so mranjg even if I change my device which I have since S10+ to July to s21+ same thing it's such a nuisance 

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Have you given the required permissions for whatsapp to restore the backup ?
0 Likes
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
Yes it keeps reverting back to permissions
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
If you have a whatsapp backup on the main Google drive account, i would reset the app and give the permissions. Then restore it from the backup. It has to be done at the very beginning or you have to start again. Hope this helps 👍
0 Likes
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
How do u mean very beginning
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
I mean by uninstalling it & reinstalling it, so that whatsapp can detect the backup from Google drive. It only does this at first install.
0 Likes
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
Ok but it has never detected a backup so that's why I think Google has stopped
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
No i don't think they have. Mine will backup to Google. It's more likely that you will need to give whatsapp permission to use your drive.
0 Likes
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
So funny enough I did it but no bsckup found awful
0 Likes
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
So funny enough I did it but no bsckup found awfulSmartSelect_20211125-181403_Samsung Internet_1060_1637864043.jpg
0 Likes