Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatsapp - no audio on sent videos

(Topic created on: 30-12-2021 05:03 PM)
Ocebir
Pioneer
Options
As per title when I send videos on whatsapp there is no audio.. there is audio pre sending on the preview screen however once send there is no audio for anyone in the chat including me. I am not sure exactly when this started as I so not send a lot of videos but I would assume around android 12 times.
24 REPLIES 24
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Ocebir ,

Can I ask if this is affecting any other app at all? Have you checked if there are any pending updates for this app on the Google Play Store> Menu> Manage apps> Search for the app> Update?

Ocebir
Pioneer
Options
On the latest update nt really using any other app for video sharing, just instagram and no issues on there
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

I can see that there are some reports stating that there are some issues with the Whatsapp app on the new software. Have you tried to report this to them using the details available in the Google Play Store> Search for this app> Scroll until you see the Developers' information

0 Likes
Sirfoxelot
Pathfinder
Options
Have noticed this myself since I started running the Android 12 Beta on the Note 20 ultra.
It's hit and miss, some videos send with sound. Ones edited on the phone, or screen recorded videos go without sound.

I'm thinking it's related to the Android 12 update on Samsung
JustswitchedfromiOS
First Poster
Options

Just experienced this too on Android 12 . Edited a video, shared on whatsapp, no sound

Members_rFPKR8I
Apprentice
Options

Try to send the edited video to fb messenger, it has sound. Save it and then send to whatsapp. Now it has sound. I don't know why I have to do this but that's d only way I can so for now. 

0 Likes
superczar
First Poster
Options

I can also confirm this to be an issue.

S20FE on android 12.. Screencap edited to crop > shared via whatsapp -> No sound

Sent as a file to iOS and returned via whatsapp  - > has sound

UKSmeagal
Explorer
Options

I have the same problem it's only on edited videos I think.  

Any official response yet?

Members_9Z3pn84
First Poster
Options

Same happens to me after the upgrade of Android. What is the solution? Also editing the video Doesn't seem to work all the time

0 Likes