Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatsapp big problem, sending my second s21 Ultra 5g back!

(Topic created on: 14-12-2021 11:49 AM)
majidolyaei
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I bought a Samsung s21 ultra 5g in October, after installing all apps and all updates, when I wanted to use WhatsApp to send a photo or video, it took about 20 seconds or more to open the gallery, and after clicking on the all media folder it used to crash (black screen): SEE Video 1 , Video 2 (after uninstall/reinstall)

I uninstalled the app many times, cleared the cash, I even did a factory reset twice, but still the same problem. Samsung support also said it is WhatsApp problem, but come on I paid €1279 and I couldn't use a simple daily app. So after 14 days, I sent it back.

I bought a new s21 Ultra 5g on Black Friday and I got it some days ago, and you can't believe it, THE SAME PROBLEM!!!: SEE VIDEO 3

I thought it was a bug in the phone, but even this one has the same problem, before sending it back again, I wanted to post my problem here to see if anyone has the same problem? It's a big disappointment, my S8+ works still without a crash, and Samsung's biggest product cant run a simple app for me!!

15 REPLIES 15
DaveyxG
Pioneer
Options
I also have no problems using whattsapp on my S21 Ultra
DaveyxG
Pioneer
Options
There maybe a permission whattsapp needs to function properly that you have not granted. Go to your settings then apps find whattsapp and review the permissions it has. It will need phone storage calls etc.
0 Likes
majidolyaei
Apprentice
Options

You see, not all have this problem, when I google my problem, nothing can be found. I try to upload my videos on Youtube and share them here, so that all can see what a big problem it is.

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's been changed in Android 12 to numbers now .
You'll have to get used to it.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
All Facebook apps including WhatsApp have some sort of issues since Android 12 .

I would suggest A Reset and then manually install all your apps .

Samsung had another update after Android 12 which fixed the issue for me.

So yes the issue was there but seems to be fixed now.
0 Likes
Skybiz
Pathfinder
Options
Have you tried, uninstalling WhatsApp , clearing the system cache, reinstalling WhatsApp but do not reinstall chat backup. This has worked for quite a few people that I know
0 Likes