Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to Wi-Fi Direct

(Topic created on: 28-05-2021 08:00 AM)
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
Normally when I go to share content or previously when I shared content I always had Wi-Fi Direct as an option I no longer have that as a option does anybody know why or how I can get it back
0 Likes
Go to solution
16 REPLIES 16
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
I want to share something that yet wifi-direct I know how to activate Wi-Fi Direct to receive something but I want to share something via WI-FI Direct
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

Please be aware that Wi-Fi Direct has been replaced by Nearby Share in Android 11. To access it, select a file, tap the share button, and Nearby Share will be visible at the top of the pop up options, next to 'Share As Link'. I hope this helps. 

0 Likes
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
What happens if I have more than 5GB of music
0 Likes
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
Yes well absolutely useless if the device I want to share their content with is not android 11
0 Likes
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
Thanks I'll give it a try
0 Likes
fuad_all
First Poster
Options

it was awesome function we were able to send to every android device (not just galaxy) and faster that bluetooth and other crappy 3rd party applications.

wondering what ***** "genious" in samsung device to totally remove such usefull functionality.

quick share and nearby share are not true alternatves. cannot send either to <android 11 os device or samsung galaxy.

👎🤦🏻‍♂️

Galaxy7
Journeyman
Options

F...*...*...* samsung to have remove wifi direct, to have remove smartview compatibility with chromecast , to have remove feature to call by sliding in sms app , to have remove dots counter even when we delete notifications, to have remove SD CARD slot, to not allow customers to downgrade our phone as we want after to have bought 800 euros my phone, I can't do what I want!!!!

I don't give a F...*...*..* of AI or social media features or photo b******** for Instagram or Tiktok ... 

Is people who develop oneui take care of customers point of view!???!

Are your developers use samsung phones? 

Each release oneui is worst !