Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

What happened to Wi-Fi Direct

(Topic created on: 28-05-2021 03:58 PM)
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
Normally when I go to share content or previously when I shared content I always had Wi-Fi Direct as an option I no longer have that as a option does anybody know why or how I can get it back
0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
This is everything i have to share contentScreenshot_20210528-080126_Android System.jpgScreenshot_20210528-080138_Android System.jpg
0 Likes
Solution
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
Since One UI 3.1 came out, wifi direct was removed and now we can only receive files via wifi direct and not send them.
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
Got rebranded as quick share didn't it?
0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
Nope, Quick Share is a completely seperate thing, its just like Apple AirDrop.
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
Thanks for that cannot make sense of why they would do such a thing I'm trying to send my full music collection to my Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini( just to use as a mp3 player with it having a headphone jack a screen and things) still works a treat just obviously the software is very dated and although I can still send and receive via Wi-Fi Direct on the S4 Mini I can't do that on my S21 Ultra I don't suppose you have any suggestions to have I could send roughly 100 MP3s wirelessly from an S21 ultra to an S4 Mini without going through Bluetooth as that it's something I don't really have the time for anyway thanks for your help and thanks for getting back to me on that one👏👏🙏
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
Try to share all the music using Link Sharing and then create a link and type it into the browser of your Galaxy S4 Mini.
lee815
Pathfinder
Options

My phone is up to date & i have wifi direct. I found it in connections, click on wifi & then click on the 3 dots in the top right corner.

0 Likes
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
You can try using 'send anywhere'. Download it from the Google Play Store. Also, if you don't prefer that, try using 'we transfer'. This is a website that is great in sharing online files. Hope this helps! :smiling-face:
lee815
Pathfinder
Options

I heard this is pretty good    https://wormhole.app/

0 Likes