Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do I have S21 or S21 FE ?

(Topic created on: 12-04-2023 02:20 PM)
AquaSurf
Explorer
Options

I ordered an S21 FE but, how do I tell if it actually is ?

I have done IMEI check at this site

https://www.imeipro.info

and it shows this...

Estimated manufacture date: May 03, 2021
Model code: SM-G991BZVGEUA
Phone model: Galaxy S21 5G G991B DS

I connected phone to PC via usb and clicked properties of it to show this info
Model name: SM-G991B
Firmware version: G991BXXS5DWA4

Samsung Dex shows - Model name as SM-G991B / DS

Going in to phone settings about phone shows
Produce name: Galaxy S21 5G
Model name: SM-G991B/DS

Android vers - 13
Google play system update - 1 July 2022
Baseband vers - G991 BXXU5DVL2

I checked this site for model info
SM-G991BZVGEUA (Phantom Violet – 256GB) - seems right for the phone and what I ordered apart from it does not confirm it is FE ?
Chipset - Exynos 2100
Shows for UK

I also checked that it should be unlocked but, when starting the phone it did install something to do with EE...

Is there any actual way to confirm 100% what phone I actually have - as I wanted the FE and everything seems to point to this just being the S21 standard ?

I tried camera to see about telephoto lens and read about a leaf icon for this which I dont see - but, maybe I look wrong place but, that would indicate if missing it does not have telephoto and therefore the FE.

Same with screen size I measured with tape diagnol and its approx - 6.25" ~(16cm)
Height of phone about 6 inch (15cn)
width = 2.75 inch (7cm)

Just went into about phone - battery and showed battery capacity at 4000 mah
I thought the FE was meant to be 4500 mah.

This all makes me think this is S21 but, how do I activate telephoto lens and what other checks can I do to confirm one way or another.

Thanks

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
https://www.samsung.com/uk/mobile-phone-buying-guide/samsung-s21-vs-s21-fe/

In the image is the phantom violet s21. Does your phone look like this? Going by your model number it is the s21. S21 fe came in a lavender I believe.SM-G991BZVGEUA_3_Supersize_1000000494_1681307104.png
0 Likes
AquaSurf
Explorer
Options

Yes it looks like that from the back but, both S21 and S21 FE do - that photo does not prove which it could be.

Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
The s21 fe came in colour lavender, not phantom violet. 81LE7Au1iNL._AC_SX679__1000000495_1681308005.jpg
AquaSurf
Explorer
Options

Is there nothing in about phone or settings etc. that will 100% confirm which edition it actually is ?
If it is the S21 then why cant I find the leaf icon for telephoto lens mode ?

AquaSurf
Explorer
Options

This is description on my purchase order

"1 x Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G Dual Sim
(8GB+256GB) Lavender, Unlocked B"

0 Likes
AquaSurf
Explorer
Options

Phantom violet or lavender to me at least would be hard to tell which is which unless pointed out.
Again is there some way in settings to confirm and why can I not find telephoto lens.
Is there  a way for me to upload pictures of phone if that will help

0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
We no longer have the leaf icons in the latest software. It's changed. In about phone in your settings will give you confirmation on what phone you have. If it is not the phone you have ordered, contact where you purchased it. If it's the same in the image of the phantom violet, I believe you have the s21.Screenshot_20230412_150526_Camera.jpg
0 Likes
AquaSurf
Explorer
Options

Ok... wanna tell me what it change to ? Its like pulling teeth here - can you maybe tell me the steps to check if I even have a telephoto lens and perhaps other ways of checking what actual model I have.

0 Likes
AquaSurf
Explorer
Options

Will it not say S21 FE anywhere in settings or info etc. or is there something that 100% for certain proves one way or another which model it is ?

0 Likes