Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What could cause moving bar around punch hole?

(Topic created on: 24-09-2021 07:45 PM)
asap1
First Poster
Options

Galaxy s21 Ultra, Android 11

Locked phone laid in front of my eyes and I noticed white spot on the phone around camera's punch hole. Several times before I have also noticed moving bar around camera's punch hole. That was when opening camera app and during face recognition to unlock. I don't know exactly whether that white spot was the same as bar in those cases. Could that be caused by some spying software that uses front camera or by some system activity?

At the time, there was 6 apps having access to camera while they are in use.

After that I installed Access Dots app to see when front camera is active. Several antimalwares/antiviruses didn't found any suspiсious.

Some details on the topic can be found here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s10-series/hole-punch-animation/m-p/1130460

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
asap1
First Poster
Options

Thanks for reply! Could you explain why it is normal? I guess it's not normal because camera shouldn't be in use while phone is locked

0 Likes
asap1
First Poster
Options

Understood. When I noticed the spot, face recognition was turned off. Then, to reproduce the light, I turned on face recognition. So now I am in doubt by what the spot was caused. And whether it is possible that an application from play store could use camera while phone is locked.

0 Likes
asap1
First Poster
Options

I think no. But 1 or 2 non-preinstalled apps had camera permission ("while in use"). I am not sure the light was the same as while camera is in use

Maybe that is just inner paranoia

0 Likes