Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird static-like noise coming out of speaker only in camera app s21 FE

(Topic created on: 02-06-2022 06:49 PM)
amulalic
Apprentice
Options

Greetings,

I bought S21 FE brand new few days ago and everything seems to be working fine except a minor but very weird issue with camera. When I open the camera app and bring my phone close to the ear I can hear very quite static noise coming out of either the front camera (which doesn't make sense) or the upper speaker which kinds does make sense. It is so quite that it doesn't affect recordings nor do I hear it in normal conditions but it sounds like the sound you get when you try to fine tune the radio. Best way that I can describe is that it resembles the static noise that you can sometimes hear when you record stuff with mobile.

If I switch to selfie camera this noise goes away. Tried to replicate it with high intensive apps (thought it might be related to processors heating), couldn't do it, tried to see if it's present during calls and it isn't. The problem goes away in the time that it takes to switch from one camera preset to another but when the camera preset loads (ex. portrait mode) it starts emitting again.

It's basically a minor thing that I can ignore without a problem but I'm worried that this might indicate a bigger problem in the future so I want to see if it's normal or should I use my warranty.

EDIT: It might also come from rear cameras but I don't really know where.

Best Regards

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
KRY5T14N
Student
Options

I got that phone today and have exactly the same problem. I wonder what is that

amulalic
Apprentice
Options

My best guess that it could be either software issue (camera routing microphone output to speaker) or the camera modules, microphone and earpiece are too close together so they generate a bit of static noise. I would like to hear that this is "normal" and won't cause any problems in future.

KRY5T14N
Student
Options

I noticed its the speaker issue. If You call someone You can hear similar noice when its silent. I wonder why is the speaker turned on when back camera is on. I hope its software problem

0 Likes
amulalic
Apprentice
Options

I contacted my local shop which sold me the device (brand new with seal). They say that it's pretty common to hear this sound because of the focus. They weren't talking about rattling noise that OIS make because I told them that I am not referring to it and they understood that it's a static noise. So I guess that this is okay?

0 Likes
DrNT
First Poster
Options

Same issue with my S21 FE..

It's like static noise coming from earpiece.. But noise mostly coming from under camera structure.. If i'm not sure about two speaker location, i will swear there is a speaker near the camera modules..

Also noticed noise go away with 10x zoom and above.. 

0 Likes
goncalofgl
First Poster
Options

Hello everyone!
I've been having the same problem. Did any of you come up with a solution?

0 Likes