Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird Bug on S21 Ultra Heating and power saving mode

(Topic created on: 12-03-2021 05:46 AM)
sukaneh
Apprentice
Options

I am using S21 Ultra (Exynos version) firmware G99BXXUU1AUB8. I observed a weird bug where the S21 heat problem is related to power saving mode turned on from Bixby routine 

My phone is working fine initially with the heat is under acceptable range.

One day, I turned on power saving mode using bixby routine. The phone is working as intended with reduced brightness and reduce cpu power and etc... no problem.

But, after I turned off the power saving mode by myself. The weird heating problem started..

A simple browsing/open apps/any normal action on the phone will cause huge heat from the phone. sometimes I even received the message where phone is overheating.

Toggling power saving mode off/on doesnt helps anything and it seems irrecoverable.

I tried wipe cache and then reset app setting but it is to no avail.

Only when I entered to bootloader mode, do a cache wipe and factory reset, the phone is back to normal

To my curiosity, I don't believe a power saving mode could cause such a huge heat problem.

So, I tried to setup my phone again, making sure the phone is working normal.

I use bixby to turned on power saving mode again then manually turned off power saving mode.

Woalah, the heat problem comes back!

Total I tried for 3 times and indeed turned on power saving mode from bixby routine and turned off manually will cause a continuous heat problem on samsung s21 ultra.

7 REPLIES 7
NB
Pioneer
Options
yes... I noticed software conflicts. Apps not notifying other apps.
Same problem exists between camera hardware, camera software and various filters.

Perhaps, it's because different software are developed by different companies and they have true integration problem.
0 Likes
Gillerz10
Voyager
Options
Perhaps try the new software update? There is an AUBB now
0 Likes
sukaneh
Apprentice
Options

The firmware is only for security patch. 

Anyone encounter the same problem or only me?

I just feel weird it is so obvious the phone is heating up so much and continuously after a power saving mode toggling from bixby

0 Likes
JJ0627
First Poster
Options

Hello, after power saving on just leave it for a while?

0 Likes
sukaneh
Apprentice
Options

Yes, for a while but you have to trigger the power saving mode from bixby routine

0 Likes
JJ0627
First Poster
Options
oh which features added with power saving from Bixby routine?
0 Likes
sukaneh
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I think is the sleeping power saving mode.

if detect sleeping and no charging, turn power saving mode on

0 Likes