Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We need mirror link back

(Topic created on: 23-04-2021 09:40 AM)
Ashc
Apprentice
Options
It is sad I cannot mirror link s21 ultra. And also my s9 plus. I'm very disappointed samsung. This is my last phone unless there is some improvement for people like us who hugely relied on mirror link. 
11 REPLIES 11
draper
Journeyman
Options
Hi
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
Smart view ?? As far as I am aware you pair to a mirror device in the same way ? Or am I missing something in your post ?

Smiley
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes
Ashc
Apprentice
Options
Mirror link has been taken off for car system
Ashc
Apprentice
Options
Hi
0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
MirrorLink is Betamax to Google's VHS. I personally found that, although Mirrorlink was reliable, it was just not as feature-rich as Android Auto. Maybe if Samsung devoted a bit more time and energy into it, MirrorLink could well have been a decent rival to AA.
0 Likes
Ashc
Apprentice
Options
I agree however my car don't have AA.
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
What car have you got? There is a good chance that there is a firmware update for its head unit that will then let you pair with AA. I was always able to use either (until the end of MirrorLink) in my 68-plate Seat Ibiza, but I found a website that offered an upgrade for my head unit. That update improved my Bluetooth connection, plus a few other refinements. Maybe its something for you to consider?
Ashc
Apprentice
Options
My car is honda civic 2015. Thanks for the advise. I shall look into it.
0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Speak to your dealership first, but be mindful of them quoting you a ridiculous price for updating your head unit. I was quoted +£200 to update mine, but I found a motor parts company that sold me the software download for £20!

As a side note: if your head unit also has built-in satnav, you can also get a map update from: www.satnavstore.com. the mapping software for my car cost around the £35-40 mark.
0 Likes