Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warped / distorted reflections when display is off.

(Topic created on: 04-03-2021 09:03 PM)
Griffen
Apprentice
Options

I can see that reflections from my S21 Ultra  display are warped / distorted as though the screen is warped. This is especially perceptible when the display is off / dark and there are bright lights or lines being reflected. I did not have this issue on neither my S8 Plus nor my S10 Plus. Has anybody else noticed this or is this a fault.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
I'm guessing this is due to a special coating on the display or it could also be the screen protector. Either way I would not class this as a fault unless it's happening when the display is on.
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
maybe it's the capacitive layer for s pen support?
Griffen
Apprentice
Options

Its not the screen protector, I checked for that when I had it replaced with something tougher. But as you say, everything looks fine when the display is on.

0 Likes
Griffen
Apprentice
Options

I had not considered it but that is an important difference from the displays on my previous devices. Though I did use a Note 4 and I dont remember anything like this. But the Note was also flat, and this could be some new tech.

0 Likes
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
not saying it is...just thinking of what it might be
0 Likes
Griffen
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the feedback all the same. I would be interested to know if you think or hear of anything else. I will probably be going to customer service anyway.

Risky24
Helping Hand
Options

Hey, did you get any explanation from customer service about it? It's a bit of a weird one though but I'm sure all is ok with your display.

0 Likes
Griffen
Apprentice
Options

Hey, haven’t had a chance to get it checked yet, they said it would take some time to examine once I dropped it off. But I’ll post as soon as I get more info.

0 Likes
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
Ah that's good. Let's hope you aren't left without a phone for too long.
0 Likes