Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VR Headset for the S21 5G

(Topic created on: 30-06-2021 09:14 AM)
vizzbucks
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I've upgraded from S9 To S21.  With the S9, i used a Samsung Gear VR SM-R325 headset, but this is not compatible with the S21, any ideas which Samsung VR headset will work with the S21 please?

6 REPLIES 6
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Hmm... best bet is to search 'which Samsung VR headsets are compatible with the S21'. You should get what you're looking for, but if not, try adding 'reddit' or 'xdadevelopers' at the end of the query 😁
0 Likes
vizzbucks
Apprentice
Options

Hi, thanks for the reply.  I did google it, also contacted samsung live chat, and that guy wasn't helpful, just said try the samsung forum, so i have done.  Can only find the vr compatible with up to S10, but nothing for S21, just wondered if  you guys on here may know more

Solution
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
I had a gear VR for many years with my S10+.

However that is where Samsung and oculus parted their collaboration and samsung removed the VR functionality from the note 10 onwards.

Unfortunately there is no support or VR device for the Samsung phones since.

It is a shame as although I didn't use the VR a lot, I found it was great with my S10+ for watching Netflix and movies, and occasionally for the odd fun game.

Kind regards
Smiley
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
vizzbucks
Apprentice
Options

Hi, thanks for that.  It's a shame, as the vr kept the Grandkids quiet for hours, and watching them when they used the rollercoaster was so funny.

Stephan_Falkin
First Poster
Options

I too have searched, and it appears as far as Oculus is concerned that tail is dead.  Best and perhaps the only option left is Google Cardboard.  But as VR options go Cardboard is limited.  

0 Likes
TheDerelictOne
First Poster
Options

I know this is an old thread but there are options to stream vr video from steam vr games straight to your phone, you can then use oculus or xbox controllers.  The program I use is called trinus cbvr you can look it up at https://trinusvirtualreality.com/

0 Likes