Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice search capability disappeared from Chrome?

(Topic created on: 25-12-2022 11:31 AM)
Veitchy
Student
Options

Hi.  I've had an S21 for over a year now.  (I think) a recent Android software update has removed the voice search (mic icon) capability from the Chrome browser.  I have scoured the internet for a solution but they all suggest tapping the three dots at the top, selecting Settings  > Toolbar shortcut > Voice search.  I no longer have the Toolbar shortcut on Chrome.  I do on my Samsung tablet but not on the phone.  I 'had a chat' with the bot yesterday.  One option was to uninstall Chrome updates - no luck there.  Another solution suggested updating Chrome.  Still no luck!  Any ideas?  

3 REPLIES 3
J103
First Poster
Options

Veitchy, I'm having same issue on my Z Flip3 after update. Microphone is missing, even on all chrome widgets. Did you find a solution?

0 Likes
Veitchy
Student
Options

Hi.  Unfortunately, no.  At first I, got on to Google but they said it was nothing to do with them, stating it was a technical/software issue.  That's why I thought I'd ask the community.  I'll try Samsung technical support  .

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Did they have an answer for you @Veitchy ?

(My car is old and the dashboard system doesn't have the fancy driving apps so I for one would love to be able to have that microphone button back!)

0 Likes