Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virus on phone

(Topic created on: 01-02-2023 02:58 PM)
val2256
First Poster
Options
I have sent message in about phone I keep getting things saying I have virus and also obscene things on them I do not go on Web sites the only thing I can think of I tapped on a app on fb I can send screen shots 
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Harveyx1
Helping Hand
Options
Go into settings, security and privacy and run a security scan
0 Likes
Harveyx1
Helping Hand
Options
Also go into battery and device care and make sure device protection is enabled
0 Likes
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
Have you installed any apps prior to it starting? Could be that a downloaded app has some malicious 'frightware' to try and coherence you to give payment details to clean up your device.
As Harvey suggests, enable virus protection in device care and run a scan.
0 Likes
val2256
First Poster
Options
I have done a scan all is OK also battery and device scane OK
0 Likes
val2256
First Poster
Options
No as I say the only thing I clicked on advert on fb but didn't stop on it
0 Likes
val2256
First Poster
Options
Would it get rid of them if I put phone back to factory settings
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi there, @val2256. Before performing a Factory reset on your S21 (as this might not be necessary at this stage), I recommend consulting and following all the suggestions provided in the guide below:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-use-the-smart-manager-application-to-chec...

The page below should prove useful as well:

https://insights.samsung.com/2021/04/20/how-do-i-know-if-my-smartphone-is-infected-with-malware-2/

It is entirely possible that the message you have seen is a "false positive", indicating that you have a virus on your phone so that you click on a third-party link. Nevertheless, going through the steps in the first guide would definitely be beneficial in this instance.

Please let us know how you get on.