Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vignette filter missing from android 12 on Samsung S21 ultra

(Topic created on: 25-01-2022 09:59 PM)
yummyflo
Pioneer
Options
Hi y'all 
I just updated my S21 ultra and realised that the vignette filter (my most used filter) is missing from the photo editor. 
And I cannot find it in any of the app store 
It is still on my note 20 tho (android 11)🤔
If anyone knows where to find it please let me know😏
Thank y'all 
16 REPLIES 16
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
This is a bit of a bummer Yummyflo. I lost the cartoon filter off the Photo Editor which I used very lightly to give some pictures a brilliant detail enhancement and I was not pleased to see it dropped after the android 12 update. I am blessed though to still have a fine and functional Note 9 second phone which still has the old Photo Editor filters (for now anyway) so I can send my pictures to that phone to edit via Quick Share and then send them back again but this is long winded and a pain.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Get snapseed from playstore. You won't need anything else.
yummyflo
Pioneer
Options
Yes indeed
I do have snapseed and use it a lot but after editing on snapseed I would go back to use the vignette filter from as I think it gives me the ideal result... but it's ok
pablolie
Student
Options

I am also very upset about the changes to the camera app, and the fact they just delete the vignette effect. Very bizarre way of handling UI decisions. Very disappointing too. I was about to buy the S22+ but shall not if this is the way Samsung handles "upgrades".

justinburchette
First Poster
Options

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's really disappointed by the loss of the "Cartoon" filter! It really was so great — I would always use just a little bit and it made all of my pictures look so nice and crisp... I really loved it and I'm so sad that it's just totally gone now (along with all of the other great filters that I constantly used; "Soft Glow" is another major loss for me.) What gives? 😢

Have you found anything that's similar to "Cartoon" at all? Has anybody else?

I swear I saw an option to add a Vignette to one of my pictures yesterday, but now I can't find it and I'm beginning to think that maybe I'm just nuts... hmm 🤔

Javajunkie11
First Poster
Options

I am missing most of the filters that originally came with the S21! And don't find them to download. Very frustrating! 

Frigit_69
First Poster
Options

Yes very annoying but if you use Photo app instead of gallery, vignette is there.

0 Likes
ciaoarif
Pioneer
Options

Looks like it's back with the 4.1 update.

0 Likes
pablolie
Student
Options

The one under "My Filters" is very, very weak though.

0 Likes