Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video stuttering when open or jump forward/backward

(Topic created on: 16-10-2022 09:44 AM)
nguyenpro_hl
Journeyman
Options

I'm using Galaxy S21 FE, I set the dark mode and eye protecting (makes the screen go yellow) to be auto enabled at 11pm everyday and around that time, when I open a Youtube video or Netflix/Disney Plus video or simply any video, it stutters for about 2 seconds then plays normally.  Is anyone having the same issue and found any fixes? Thanks.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I use Dark Mode permanently @nguyenpro_hl however I do not activate the eye protection feature.

My YouTube plays seamlessly.

If you de activate the eye protection then does YouTube play fine ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
nguyenpro_hl
Journeyman
Options

no, I turned off both dark mode and eye protecting, even rebooted the phone, it still stutters

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@nguyenpro_hl: Try heading to Settings > Battery and device care > Optimise now, followed by Memory > Clean now, then head to Settings > Apps > YouTube (as an example) > Storage > Clear cache. Does the stuttering persist following these steps? 

0 Likes
nguyenpro_hl
Journeyman
Options

well the stuttering only happens around the start of a day (12am or like that) and when dark mode, eye protecting enabled so I'll let you know if it happens again

0 Likes
nguyenpro_hl
Journeyman
Options

I can confirm it still happens, right at the start of day (12am). I tried like you said but when watching ANY videos, it stutters

0 Likes
nguyenpro_hl
Journeyman
Options

did a factory reset, the stuttering still happens

0 Likes