Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video problem - Is it a time to leave a Samsung?

(Topic created on: 16-04-2022 01:01 PM)
JaniJan
Journeyman
Options

It is unfortunate that Samsung does not explain and announce the solution to the problems on the Galaxy 21 series related to video playback in the browser after the 4.1 upgrade. Obviously Samsung is no longer what it used to be. We will buy another brand. Samsung sucks! Video performance is one of the simple basics of a mobile phone. Samsung, however, is quiet. No real help from technical assistance.

4 REPLIES 4
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's possible that not many others are experiencing the issues your having.
If its a widespread problem, then I'm sure a fix would be out.
T
You don't mention what issue you are having.
But Samsung do regularly send out fixes for issues, but sometimes it can take a while due to complexities.
0 Likes
JaniJan
Journeyman
Options

There are many others with the same problem. Experiencing 100% same issues.

After Android 4.1 update on Samsung S21 videos won't play on the browsers. For example Chrome and the default Samsung browser. Even rebot does not help. Videos are just the basic thing and "take a while" yeaaa - but - Samsung SHOULD GIVE AT LEAST SOME SORT OF INFORMATION about the issue and admits they made a mistake and APOLOGIZE. It is kind of  frustraiting to buy a new mobile 1 Month ago and now even can't play videos on it. And they are not cheap. And how long will I have to wait to be fixed? This is my 4-th Samsung Galaxy and for sure it is the last one.   All because of silence of Samsung for weeks and their useless support with instructions in the form of dismissing a user without any solution or information. Everyone knows how to reset the phone - you don't need instructions for this.👎👎

Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
There have been major Android upgrades lately and Google has had compatibility issues. App developers are working to fix these and obviously Samsung works closely with Google
This isn't just a Samsung issue as others reporting video playback problems on some other Android platforms.
Samsung can't possibly be expected to give updates to all the issues until there are answers. Especially as each region around the world have different things to deal with. They publish them when an update comes out.
Wether Google or Samsung find a fix, you will get it pushed through
If you've only just got the phone, just hang in there. It's a great phone that one.
Why don't you try clearing the Partition Cache on the phone. Quite often it fixes a lot of the problems
https://thedroidguy.com/wipe-cache-partition-galaxy-s21-1147707
0 Likes
JaniJan
Journeyman
Options

Today I've got software update - and videos still don't play. They didn't fix it.  In a 1 Month time. Now we have to wait another one. Other users reports the same - not solved bug.

I think I've made 500 € mistake 1 Month ago buying  Samsung Galaxy S21.  I must buy Chinese mobile - looks they are better than Samsung. 👎👎👎👎👎At least they work.