Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Verification Code not displaying.

(Topic created on: 23-12-2021 10:52 AM)
Judesman
Navigator
Options

I have a new S21 5G. When I sign in to my Samsung account the verification code is not displaying although I can hear the notification sound. (I still have my old S7 and the code displays on there) I cannot see the code in messages so where would this code display please? I can receive verification codes from other sources, Banks etc.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Judesman
Navigator
Options

Having spent three hours researching this yesterday, trawling the net and speaking to my service provider, I have now found the solution. Well, I didn't find the solution, Alice from Samsung in Egypt found it (This lady is wonderful).  When signing in there is an option to send code by notification OR text message.  On my screen I have to scroll down to see these options and I did not know that.  Click on send by text and the code appears as a text message.  All resolved. Shame Samsung Support didn't tell me that yesterday.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Are you using WiFi
Is it the same when logging in using mobile data
0 Likes
Judesman
Navigator
Options

Yes and Yes and according to Two Step Verification in Settings I should be getting a text message. No problem with Banks etc.  This seems to be quite a problem according to the internet.

0 Likes
Solution
Judesman
Navigator
Options

Having spent three hours researching this yesterday, trawling the net and speaking to my service provider, I have now found the solution. Well, I didn't find the solution, Alice from Samsung in Egypt found it (This lady is wonderful).  When signing in there is an option to send code by notification OR text message.  On my screen I have to scroll down to see these options and I did not know that.  Click on send by text and the code appears as a text message.  All resolved. Shame Samsung Support didn't tell me that yesterday.

0 Likes