Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Usb charging moisture

(Topic created on: 22-06-2022 03:16 PM)
christinee
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
I used my phone to take photos underwater and after a few hours when i plug it in to charge it keeps on saying moisture detected a few days later and it is the same... please help 
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Ray42
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
The S21 is water resistant not waterproof - there's a big difference!
Ventor
Samsung Maker ★
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

@christinee Hello, it is very likely that there are still traces of moisture in the USB port. Apply heat / not excessive / with a hair dryer in the USB port area.
It could also be a notification that has been left active. Try resetting the USB port settings to dismiss or confirm it.
Access Settings/Applications and click on the area marked on the screenshot.Activate "Show system applications" and accept.Search for the USB Settings app and in storage-clear cache and Data and restart the device.
Comment if you have been able to solve it, greetings.

apps eng..jpeg

UpInSmoke79
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
IP68 rating

The following phones carry an IP68 rating: S22, S22+, and S22 Ultra. S21 5G, S21+ 5G, S21 Ultra 5G, and S21 Fan Edition. S20 5G, S20+ 5G, S20 Ultra 5G, and S20 Fan Edition.
------
The S21 Plus 5G has a water-resistance rating of IP68, which means your phone can be submerged in water for up to 30 minutes at a depth of 1.5 metres. Also, it is resistant to dust, dirt and if water droplets land on the screen.
-----

I personally have no plan in submerging mine but the rating is there nonetheless.