Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usb charging moisture

(Topic created on: 22-06-2022 02:15 PM)
christinee
First Poster
Options
I used my phone to take photos underwater and after a few hours when i plug it in to charge it keeps on saying moisture detected a few days later and it is the same... please help 
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Ray42
Voyager
Options
The S21 is water resistant not waterproof - there's a big difference!
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@christinee Hello, it is very likely that there are still traces of moisture in the USB port. Apply heat / not excessive / with a hair dryer in the USB port area.
It could also be a notification that has been left active. Try resetting the USB port settings to dismiss or confirm it.
Access Settings/Applications and click on the area marked on the screenshot.Activate "Show system applications" and accept.Search for the USB Settings app and in storage-clear cache and Data and restart the device.
Comment if you have been able to solve it, greetings.

apps eng..jpeg

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

KevP79
Voyager
Options
IP68 rating

The following phones carry an IP68 rating: S22, S22+, and S22 Ultra. S21 5G, S21+ 5G, S21 Ultra 5G, and S21 Fan Edition. S20 5G, S20+ 5G, S20 Ultra 5G, and S20 Fan Edition.
------
The S21 Plus 5G has a water-resistance rating of IP68, which means your phone can be submerged in water for up to 30 minutes at a depth of 1.5 metres. Also, it is resistant to dust, dirt and if water droplets land on the screen.
-----

I personally have no plan in submerging mine but the rating is there nonetheless.
Canuck z
First Poster
Options

Amazing... I was tempted to try the Salt Water Pool...  thanks for sharing...  I had the Moisture Debris USB issue where I tried blowing it out with an Air Pump... no luck.  Clear Cache, no luck... buy the $10 Best Buy Wireless 5W charger...  Success.  A piece of lint the size of matchhead slipped out from the phone...  USB is working again.  too funny.  Wireless charging... how in the world does it work?  80% or more less efficient, yadda, yadda...  thankfully SuperCharging is back on the job.  (USB-3)

0 Likes