Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uploading music

(Topic created on: 29-01-2021 09:53 PM)
Lorna88
Journeyman
Options
Got the s21 today and when transferring media from s20 it's keeps coming up with audio file not supported. The file is wma. Anyone else having this problem and if so how did you solve it.
Thank
0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
convert the files to mp3.

View solution in context

Solution
Lorna88
Journeyman
Options
I've managed to install an app that converts them. Thank you for your help

View solution in context

8 REPLIES 8
Teobarba
Apprentice
Options
Same to me, just some of the albums have this issue but I still haven't found the reason why it is not working 😞
0 Likes
Lorna88
Journeyman
Options
I've spent the last 2 hours trying to figure this out. I didn't have this problem with my other phone
0 Likes
Solution
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
convert the files to mp3.
Lorna88
Journeyman
Options
how do I do that?
0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
you have a computer? do a search for 'audio file converter'. I've used this ("Convert Audio Files To/From All Audio Formats with Switch" https://www.nch.com.au/switch/index.html) before. or, nero do software that is easy to use too.
0 Likes
Solution
Lorna88
Journeyman
Options
I've managed to install an app that converts them. Thank you for your help
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
I meant to add - because WMA, and mp3 are compressed file formats, the playback quality is not as good as uncompressed formats, such as flac, and aicc. flac is cd-like quality, but there are also websites that offer higher resolutions too. the downside to hi-res is that android auto won't play anything higher quality than flac.
0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
WMA is a Microsoft audio codec, whereas the others are what are referred to as 'open source'. my understanding is that, because it is a Microsoft product, it was only really designed to play on equipment such as a Windows pc. perhaps the reason for your issues stems from the fact that Windows and Android are rival operating systems?
0 Likes