Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Upgrading from Galaxy S7 to Galaxy S21

(Topic created on: 25-02-2021 11:06 AM)
Trubmij
Explorer
Options

Just received my new Galaxy S21.  The only USB cable supplied seems to be USB C to USB C.

I am upgrading from my Samsung Galaxy S7 but the cable supplied with the S21 wont fit into the S7 so I cant transfer data etc using the USB cable so will have to use WiFi - no problem.

However, the S21 doesn't come with a wall charger (I knew that) but my existing Samsung chargers wont fit into the S21 as the chargers cables have a different size USB socket.

What is best way of proceeding?  Can I simply get a cable that goes from existing wall charger to new S21 please?  If so, what is the spec of each end?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Trubmij
Explorer
Options

Thanks for your comments.  I went out and bought a USB A to USB C cable which has resolved the problem.  I knew the S21 cam without a wall charger but knew it came with a USB cable.  Didn't know it was a USB C cable.  The S7 I was upgrading from uses a Micro-USB so could  not use the provided cable to transfer from S7 to S21, had to use WiFi.  I wish I knew that before the new phone arrived.  I think maybe Samsung got the charger/cable issue a bit wrong.

View solution in context

16 REPLIES 16
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
I'm using my old note 9 charger that is a USB to USB C charges just fine. but samsung are doing the wall charger for £17 pounds last time I checked.
0 Likes
StopItRawr
Pioneer
Options
It'll still charge using a USB A to C cable, just potentially not at 25W.

Buy a USB A to C cable if you don't have one
0 Likes
Kimble2415
Explorer
Options
you can also get usb c to usb a adaptors.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Trubmij: Further to the advice offered above, you can explore your options regarding a USB to USB-C cable to fit your existing plug adapter or, alternatively, please check the link below where you can purchase a compatible adapter at a low price. I hope this helps. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/mobile-accessories/wall-charger-for-super-fast-charging-25w-black-ep-ta80...

0 Likes
Trubmij
Explorer
Options

Thanks for your comments.

I went out and bought a USB A to USB C cable which has resolved the problem.

I knew the S21 cam without a wall charger but knew it came with a USB cable.  Didn't know it was a USB C cable.  The S7 I was upgrading from uses a Micro-USB so could  not use the provided cable to transfer from S7 to S21, had to use WiFi.  I wish I knew that before the new phone arrived.  I think maybe Samsung got the charger/cable issue a bit wrong.

Trubmij
Explorer
Options

Thanks for your comments.

I went out and bought a USB A to USB C cable which has resolved the problem.

Trubmij
Explorer
Options

Thanks for your comments.  I went out and bought a USB A to USB C cable which has resolved the problem.

0 Likes
Solution
Trubmij
Explorer
Options

Thanks for your comments.  I went out and bought a USB A to USB C cable which has resolved the problem.  I knew the S21 cam without a wall charger but knew it came with a USB cable.  Didn't know it was a USB C cable.  The S7 I was upgrading from uses a Micro-USB so could  not use the provided cable to transfer from S7 to S21, had to use WiFi.  I wish I knew that before the new phone arrived.  I think maybe Samsung got the charger/cable issue a bit wrong.

gr7
First Poster
Options

I agree with your complaint.  I am not someone who upgrades as soon as it is available.  I use something until it does not work anymore.  I recently upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy 7 to a Samsung S21.  The fact that the only cable that is provided hooks up to no charging unit boggles my mind.  I feel swindled.  I can't connect it to any of the wall chargers that I already have, my computer has no hookup for this usb-c cable, I can't even play music off of my stereo anymore because that stupid freaking cable attaches to nothing.  In the past I would receive a charger and felt satisfied with my purchase.  What I was sold this time feels like a scam.  I understand the concept of having too many charges.  Maybe it would  be a better idea of giving the option to have the charger included or not.  By assuming everyone is sick of getting charges leaves out the ones that were never provided one. 

So therein now I have to go and make another purchase. 😖