Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Upgrading from 20 Ultra to 21 Ultra

(Topic created on: 21-01-2021 03:20 PM)
Ellef
Journeyman
Options

Hi! 

Why is it that I pre-ordered the s20 Ultra as soon as possible through Samsung's website and the phone came around March. So now I don't qualify to use Upgrade+ until March 2021...

Then because of this, I have no option at all to use the Pre-order deal with the Buds etc. Why is this setup this way?

Why the f*** would Samsung launch S21 a few months earlier so I'm not able to use the pre-order deal?

This is a huge game changer. I was looking forward to the Pre-order deal, but since it hasn't gone 12 months yet I can't use it. And I'm not able to pay more this month to compensate the missing "2 months of payment."

How do you expect me to be a happy customer with this system setup like this? 

I have always been vouching for Samsung, but this makes me wanting to switch from all Samsung devices, smart Home gadgets etc to another maker. Since as I said, this is A HUGE deal breaker to know Samsung is down prioritizing customers who pre-ordered the s20 last year...

If there's any way for me to benefit from the pre-order deal without having to setup a new order and pay for 2 phones, I would gladly like to hear any suggestions. 

9 REPLIES 9
MKUltra
First Poster
Options
I got my S20 at the end of February when it first came out, the same as you by the sounds of it.

I have received and actioned my upgrade to s21? I received an email.
Ellef
Journeyman
Options

Hi MKUltra!

I haven't received an e-mail at all yet...

I live in Norway and pre-ordered the phone 12 of March and the phones wouldn't start sending before 10. March. That's not my problem, I think that if it's Samsung's fault that the phones wasn't "Shippable" before 10th of March, then they should still allow me to upgrade to S21 Ultra with the Pre-Order deal. 

I spoke with Customer service in Sweden, and they let me down big time. They said there's nothing to be done here. This shi* annoys the he** out of me to limit this pre-order deal to some countries, EVEN IF THEY PROVIDE IT IN NORWAY, but the ones pre-ordering aren't able to get the preorder deal, since Samsung didn't release the phone before 10 March. If I had any other possibility to get my hands on the S20 Ultra earlier than 10. March, then I would have done it of course...

Ellef_0-1611229938139.png

0 Likes
Saxacat
Voyager
Options

Hi, I pre-ordered  my S20 Ultra and joined the upgrade program last year, my S20 Ultra arrived on 10 Mar 20.

Got an email from Samsung early this month telling me my upgrade window opened on the 14th Jan, and ordered my S21 Ultra on the 14th.

If you haven't heard from Samsung yet might be worth contacting them.

Ellef
Journeyman
Options

Hi!

I did contact them today, but they said there's nothing they could do. (Keep in mind, the person I spoke with seemed to have a bad day) so I'm not sure she understood what I meant since she spoke Swedish, and I spoke English. I will try to contact the English department.

Ellef
Journeyman
Options

@MKUltra & @Saxacat

Which country are you currently in? And was that the country you ordered from? Since I will need to have a look at your guys TOS regarding Upgrade+

0 Likes
Saxacat
Voyager
Options
I'm in the UK and of course ordered from the UK, as you say the TOS maybe different in Norway.
Ellef
Journeyman
Options

Hi!

The only thing Customer Service lead me to was the payment of 12 months. And currently, I have paid for 10 months. 

How long have you Saxacat been paying for? 

They only said because the "Scandinavia/Norway"'s TOS is 12 months of payment before upgrading with Upgrade+. 

0 Likes
Saxacat
Voyager
Options
Like you I have only made 10 payments; the first taken a a month after I got the S20. At least one more payment will leave my account before I get the S21 and can return my S20.
Solution
Ellef
Journeyman
Options

Hi all!

I contacted the Samsung Nordic manager of Norway, who reached out to Samsung Sweden and he helped me with securing the pre-order deal! 

I'm really glad it turned out this way and will continue with all goodwill against Samsung! :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Thanks for all the help you've given me @MKUltra  and @Saxacat