Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to S22 Ultra?

(Topic created on: 29-01-2022 06:11 PM)
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Just curious if anyone thinking of upgrading to the S22 Ultra when it comes?

One year has almost gone so quickly and I feel I haven't had the chance to use my S21 Ultra to It's full potential yet.

Also the updates over the year have made it more better and reliable in terms of battery life and usage.

Yes I haven't had that many hiccups with Android 12 so I'm good.

I feel like I could use it another year as covid is relentless.

Unless Samsung tempts me with a Free upgrade or something.

But then the horror stories of people trading their old phones puts me off.

Thoughts????.
8 REPLIES 8
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
I would wait until the full user reviews of the S22 Ultra are out GoanGeek BUT I must say that that the more I hear about the considerable camera upgrades over the S21 Ultra that it is supposed to have the more I am interested. I bet that by the time the phone is officially released and all the hype surrounding the phone has played out you will be gagging at the bit to buy the thing even before the reviews are out!.. lol!.. It may be wise to wait until any early production run problems are ironed out though. Good luck to you either way. 👍👍
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If I like a phone I always do the Predorders as I love the freebies 🙂
Also having had quiet a few Samsungsthey don't really disappoint much.
And with the S21 ultra Samsung has really set the standards like the S7 and S9s.
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
I went for a fairly early S21 Ultra myself as the thought of some free Buds Live had me drooling GoanGeek. I have a feeling that the S22 Ultra will be a VERY special phone indeed. A true beast of a machine. 👍
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
The S21 Ultra is the last Samsung I'll be buying. Very disappointed with the device and Customer Service from Samsung Shop and everyone else at Samsung has been dire.

I also have major concerns with Samsung's quality control these days. It simply isn't good enough.

So no, I'll not be buying an S22 Ultra. But if you're thinking of doing so, would wait and see the reviews and give it time for things to go wrong first.
Case1188
Voyager
Options
It will take a lot to drag me away from my s21 ultra, and I mean a lot, this device gets better with age.
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
I'm thinking the same as you on this 🤔.
Although as @Case1188 said this s21 ultra seems to get better with age 💪.
I'm still just as in love with this phone as I was when I first got it.
If rumours are to be believed the s22 ultra will have the design of the note series (more squared edges). personal I'm not really a fan of that design but that's just me.
Will wait for the release and make my judgement then,I mean the s21 ultra is still an amazing phone but I just looooove new phones 😅
0 Likes
VST007
Pathfinder
Options

I think I will. I will probably still keep my S21 Ultra as I love it but this year I used S21 then S21 + and then ended up with S21 Ultra waiting to see if Note 21 Ultra will exist or not... and soon it was clear that the Note "died" for now - just to be reborned into the S Ultra series.

Which is actually quite good as you by the Ultra in  FEB and then you are using the premium top tier device for a whole year, and dont have to wait for Ultra - Note cycle like it was before :smiling-face:

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
One video posted by Samsung shows two phones circling like Sharks making me wonder whether there might be two Ultras one with Spen and one without 😁
0 Likes