Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade klarna issues s21 ... again!!

(Topic created on: 14-01-2021 08:38 PM)
Rosieg
Pioneer
Options
Last year had awful problems with klarna and upgrading on the Samsung web page having been with them a few years with money taken out then refused etc! Took long time to sort out and should have learnt my lesson but.... Same thing has happened again. Page froze tried again money taken then refused!! Can't believe this hasn't been sorted out. Can't get to speak to anyone to sort it !!!

78 REPLIES 78
ChrisJimHill
Pioneer
Options
Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you. Starting to think it's random pot luck at this point.

My credit score is excellent, with no late payments, so I don't think that's it...doesn't seem to be any consistent logic to it at all.

Samsung really need to do away with them. Close Brothers had no such problems.
0 Likes
theroninhunter
Pathfinder
Options
Completely agree I had no issues with Close Brothers at all.
0 Likes
Dpx
Pioneer
Options

Can any Samsung Mods/Staff please confirm if the issues regarding the upgrade process are now fixed?

I would appreciate an update before attempting to upgrade as I'd like to avoid having any issues like those mentioned above by users. 

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Faneo
Apprentice
Options

Has anyone had this resolved yet?

SAM_UK collected my details 4 weeks ago and said they would pass it on, but I've not heard anything yet.

Klarna made me wait 2 weeks for a reply, just to say "Have you tried paying off your existing Klarna balance?" when the only thing I have is the payment for the S20 I am upgrading.

0 Likes
theroninhunter
Pathfinder
Options

Klarna is the worst company, to pay off the debt you have to use bank transfer only.  They cannot use a debit card, so anyway I sent them a £1 test transfer 3 weeks ago and it hasn't appeared on my account yet.

0 Likes
Rosieg
Pioneer
Options
I eventually managed to order my s21 ultra on the upgrade programme but instead of marrying it up with my previous upgrade in didn't realise they've started a new contract so now I have two phones. eventually got to speak to Samsung who said it was my fault and I had to return my phone ear plugs and tag and then reorder but I wouldn't be able to have the buds or tag!!!! I was so annoyed. I've ended up finding the money to pay the S20 off and then sell it. this is the last time I deal with the upgrade programme klarna or Samsung. they don't care at all.
0 Likes
Mmc07
First Poster
Options

Got email from Klarna saying Samsung have told them I’m upgrading so they are pausing the payments for my s20 for 30 days.  I had to use alternative email before my order went through so glad at least the upgrade program still works.

Did notice that with my original email address, Klarna did a hard credit search, but using an alternative email they only did a soft search.  Yet details were the same.  

I think Samsung and Klarna need to overhaul the upgrade program so these issues don’t happen.

0 Likes
Faneo
Apprentice
Options

Feeling the same. Even if Saumsung come back now and say everything is fixed, but that I won't get the original pre-order gifts, I don't think I'll bother.

It would just feel bad to get the phone late, get less for my money and probably have to go through the same hassle again each year.

0 Likes
Members_GPkHqst
First Poster
Options

Hi. I have been trying to upgrade to S21 for 2 months now (on&off). Get to Klarna stage and as already member of Upgrade Programme & 14mths payments under belt. It says "Oops we could not find you" and asks for previous address but then declines me. 

Samsung blamed Klarna, Klarna blamed Samsung !! Both have screenshots of entire process and blame it on the way my address is input altho both companies say that they have it on their system correctly so it must be the other company. 

Ongoing now for several months with no joy. they even got me to contact electoral role to make sure my address is correct as well as checking my address with credit score company, honestly I have done EVERYTHING that have asked but STILL NO JOY.

Samsung are in breach of contract now as I joined the Upgrade Programme with their promise of being able to upgrade after 12mths - bullshit - honestly have no idea what to do next and just want to upgrade my phone.

Any ideas who else to try?

0 Likes