Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade klarna issues s21 ... again!!

(Topic created on: 22-01-2021 01:32 PM)
Rosieg
Pioneer
Options
Last year had awful problems with klarna and upgrading on the Samsung web page having been with them a few years with money taken out then refused etc! Took long time to sort out and should have learnt my lesson but.... Same thing has happened again. Page froze tried again money taken then refused!! Can't believe this hasn't been sorted out. Can't get to speak to anyone to sort it !!!

78 REPLIES 78
Dpx
Pioneer
Options

Glad to hear some members are managing to get their orders in. But, to be honest, no one should even need to be doing the above to upgrade their phone. It's an absolute mess.

I understand some people desperately want the device, but after the first klarna upgrade saga, it's not worth getting into that again. You would have thought the upgrade process was tried and tested given last year's experience. It's really embarassing.

TommyTizzle
Pathfinder
Options

Hi

Really frustrating that I've just been declined twice by Klarna trying to upgrade through the upgrade program which has now left 2 hard searches on my credit score.

I can't understand why I've been declined as I already have a good credit score, an agreement already with klarna for my s20 which I haven't missed a payment.

I used Google chrome on my s20.

Can anyone shed some light on this and let me know your experience with upgrading.  Any successful ones and what browsers did you use and was it a handset, mac or pc?

I'd be really intrigued to find out. Thanks.

0 Likes
SuprSi
Apprentice
Options

I just tried using a different email and it failed - stupid bloody system.

0 Likes
TommyTizzle
Pathfinder
Options

Did you try this method?

Screenshot_20210121-081852_Samsung Internet.jpg

0 Likes
SuprSi
Apprentice
Options

Yeah, that's what I tried.  It asked for the bank details after asking about salary, mortgage, etc., then said it was declined.  

0 Likes
TommyTizzle
Pathfinder
Options

*****, looks like that might be the case for me too then as I've already had a similar scenario get declined 😩 

Oh well worth giving it a go. If it doesn't work then I'll to admit defeat and get onto the moderators about getting klarna to remove several hard searches from my credit score.

0 Likes
theroninhunter
Pathfinder
Options
Klarna had basically told me tough luck and offered NO, ZERO, ZILCH information towards why it was rejected because its "automatic"

How are people meant to improve their chances without feedback or in my case I believe a system flaw in Klarna's "automatic" system.
0 Likes
SuprSi
Apprentice
Options

That's exactly what happened with my wife - try again in 2 weeks is what they said.  Utterly useless, other than to say that they've had plenty of people calling about this issue.

0 Likes
theroninhunter
Pathfinder
Options

@SachikoT Why are Samsung using a partner that does not care for their clients or offers constructive feedback into why an application failed?

Let alone failed to improve their services from last year's mistakes

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

THis is a credit application. In the same way a mortgage gets declined the lender won't tell you why other than check your credit history. Most of these credit applications are points based and if you don't hit the threshold you get declined. Things like the extent of your current borrowings, length of time you have lived at your residence, whether you are on the electoral roll etc all contribute to this so there may not be one reason but a number for a declined credit application.