Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade klarna issues s21 ... again!!

(Topic created on: 20-01-2021 07:29 PM)
Rosieg
Pioneer
Options
Last year had awful problems with klarna and upgrading on the Samsung web page having been with them a few years with money taken out then refused etc! Took long time to sort out and should have learnt my lesson but.... Same thing has happened again. Page froze tried again money taken then refused!! Can't believe this hasn't been sorted out. Can't get to speak to anyone to sort it !!!

78 REPLIES 78
jmall99
Explorer
Options

My order has just gone through successfully!

Spoke to chat person, they told me to do the following and worked after 4 days of trying...

Use a PC

Use Chrome

Clear Cache

Open in incognito 

Go to samsung and login to account

Then go to upgrade lounge

When you get to contact details, don't use your normal email address you used previously, use a different email address

Then when you go to payment screen, it almost treats you as a new customer with Klarna, so asks for the bank you want to use for the Direct debit, and doesn't ask for any security questions.

Then mine asked to agree the new credit agreement and paid the deposit and went through!!!

Jordan1993
Journeyman
Options
FINALLY 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

My order has gone through, after 6 or 7 calls to samsung and Klarna, plus multiple emails and direct messages on here, with no outcome may I add... I was ready for giving up.

I have just followed the tips that jmall99 posted and it finally worked.

I was almost ready for giving up

thanks jmall99 👌
AlexNguyen
Journeyman
Options

Brilliant, thanks a lot for the tip. Finally managed to pre-order after so many failed attempts

0 Likes
ChrisJimHill
Pioneer
Options
@jmall99 that's good news!

My only concern with this would be that it takes out a 2nd credit agreement, instead of writing off the 1st and replacing it with the new one for the S21.

Can you confirm it's replaced the previous agreement?
0 Likes
theroninhunter
Pathfinder
Options
Nope still got denied 😞
0 Likes
LauraCow
Explorer
Options
Just checking... Which phone is everyoje trying?

I've just tried another colour and instead of getting stuck on the whirring I just got rejected for no reason.. 😂 🤦‍♀️
0 Likes
jimsouthstand
Pioneer
Options

Not having paid 12 mths makes sense, but if thats the case why dies the Samsung algorithms 1, invite you to join before yout 12 mth anniversary 2 accept you when you apply before Klarna refuse you?

Its a Cluster-#$%&,!

If the 12 mth situation is correct then I wint get accepted untill 25th of this month, which was when I signed up and paid my deposit Or is the anniversary of your 1st payment 🤔 not sure either of them are correct or whether Samsung or Klarna kniw either! 

0 Likes
SuprSi
Apprentice
Options

It's not, I just went through the upgrade process without issue having had the S20 since March 2020, so definitely less than 12 months.  I then tried to upgrade my wife, who got her phone at the exact same time last year, the same phone, using Klarna, has no missed payments and an excellent credit rating, and it was declined!

0 Likes
Mmc07
First Poster
Options

Having been declined twice despite great credit rating, tried with different email address as mentioned and boom... order complete.

klarna clearly no idea how an upgrade program should work.

0 Likes
LauraCow
Explorer
Options
Thank you so much! Worked!!! 😁 😁 😁 Finally ordered! 😂 Been a long week trying to sort it out.
0 Likes