Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upday and all those adverts

(Topic created on: 11-12-2022 10:24 AM)
Bowkes
Journeyman
Options
So I like Samsung's news app but the adverts and pop up videos are really cumbersome and tacky for a flagship device.
So how do I disable the adverts or Upday itself as couldn't find an uninstall to it?
Also is there a way to set Google as the news feed option?
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
AndrewL
Options

@Bowkes: I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way. Please be aware that you can customise the adverts that you receive on Samsung Free by swiping right on your Home Screen > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Scroll down > Ads privacy settings > Vendor List. From here you can toggle off any specific ad sources, or toggle off 'Allow All Consent' to disable all ads. If you do this for IAB Vendors and Google Vendors, which can be selected at the top of the screen, then hit 'Confirm My Choices' at the bottom of the screen, then you should be good to go. 

To explore your options regarding Google News, please head to Settings > Home screen > Add media page to Home screen.

0 Likes
Bowkes
Journeyman
Options
Thanks @AndrewL although is Samsung Free different to Upday?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Bowkes: Apologies for the confusion. Samsung Free incorporates Upday news, and became the stock media page on our devices, so I assumed that this was what you were referring to. For clarity, when you swipe right on your Home Screen, does it open Samsung Free? 

0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
There are two Upday's available on the Google Play Store. One is called Upday news for Samsung and other one is just called Upday but there are both made by the same app developer.
0 Likes
Bowkes
Journeyman
Options
Yes it does, thanks for the clarity
0 Likes
SteveQuinn
Navigator
Options
To change news provider you can hold your finger down on the home screen and scroll to the left and you'll see the options.1686601399161_1686601399146_0.png
0 Likes
davidsr
First Poster
Options
That's how it can stay free... but samsung has lost its way. Cutting all perks of owning a samsung phone. They'll be going down tesler's route, we'll have to pay a subscription to use the UI on the phones.
0 Likes