Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updates

(Topic created on: 02-07-2021 05:46 PM)
Rob1257
Pioneer
Options
My s21 5g did not receive any updates during June phone is still on may security update What's happening Samsung 
19 REPLIES 19
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
I think this depends on what network you are on, so who is your network provider?
0 Likes
Rob1257
Pioneer
Options
I'm with 3 but my S20 Fe 5g has update and my old S10 has must be s21 problem
AndrewL
Options

@Rob1257: Updates are rolled out in batches, and will reach some users sooner than others. Please ensure you have auto-updates enables via Settings > Software Update > Auto Download Over Wi-Fi (On), and Settings > Biometrics and Security > Other Security Settings > Security Policy Updates (On) to allow you to download the update as soon as it becomes available to you. 

Gavlee2010
Voyager
Options
I'm with three and they are saying Samsung hasn't sent them the update to send out to us customers. Screenshot_20210701-134656_Three.jpg
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The term for their statement is BS. The update is freely available.
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

As @Pugs1957 correctly states, that is BS.

The 3rd June build dated the 9th June, was released for non carrier branded devices on the 17th June on a staged roll-out and was available the 21st June for unbranded U.K. devices. 

EE network devices on CSC code EVR, were quick to certify it for release on the 23rd June and followed by O2 devices on CSC code O2U and Vodafone on CSC code, VOD.

There can be no reason for Samsung when they have received certification for carrier branded firmware, from the carrier, to withhold it. 

This has been going on for a decade, since the Galaxy S2 days. Three are either tardy or have added/amended their bloatware. 

This is one of the long standing drawbacks of opting for carrier branded devices I am afraid... since you are at the mercy of those carriers.

Those in the know in the U.K. and worldwide, opt for non carrier branded, stock Samsung devices. Samsung, CarphoneWarehouse, Argos and Amazon, as well as others, stock these in the U.K.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
Lukasz
Navigator
Options
I'm with 3 too but have unbranded s21 ultra straight from samsung. 3 is always the last to release updates that's why I opted for device straight from manufacturer.
Unfortunately last update was really late I think for everyone, nearly at the end of the month with June update.
First few were way before the other providers as it's unbranded one but slowly we're getting back to "normal" schedule. Always late. Why Samsung? Just do what you promised, updates on time!
I know that updates are not noticeable but still c'mon guys!
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Samsung actually released three June security updates.

AUE8 released 31 May 2021

AUF2 released 7th June 2021

These were only partially rolled out and were pulled by Samsung.

AUF6 released 17th June in a staged roll out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
Rob1257
Pioneer
Options
This is the only update I received Screenshot_20210703-004545_Software update.jpg