Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updates over wi-fi only?

(Topic created on: 25-07-2021 12:37 PM)
AlinPostelnicu
Explorer
Options
Hi there, 

I was wondering if my device is the only one not able to update over data connection. Just received one update today and I can't do it unless I switch on the WiFi... Any tips on how to proceed? I tried all the settings (Wifi-Advanced etc) and bone of it seems to work.
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
May be I am wrong, but I believe it was removed as lot if people might not have unlimited data usage and some of the Samsung updates have been over 1gb.

So would make sense.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Or try turning off 'Auto download over WiFi ' in settings.
0 Likes
AlinPostelnicu
Explorer
Options
I did ... I tried... I'm sick of it. When was it removed?
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Not sure Just a guess 😁
0 Likes
AlinPostelnicu
Explorer
Options
Should've kept it as an optional thing... I mean I chose the 5G unlimited offer just that :)) currently getting higher speeds than my internet. I have to call o2 and ask them
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Apparently it's a network provider issues rather then samsung seems like it.

What happens if you turn wifi off and try to download the update?

Go to Settings >>Search for "Wifi" in the settings search bar >>Find the settings "Switch to mobile data automatically" (use mobile data when wi-fi has no internet access.)Enable this option.
0 Likes
AlinPostelnicu
Explorer
Options
It doesn't go anywhere... It says it cannot download it over data and I should switch WiFi on.
0 Likes
Gavlee2010
Voyager
Options
I noticed this last update I got a update while I was out and about and it wouldn't let me update over my unlimited network data. I had to wait till I got home to download it. Some people don't have WiFi to connect to like my father at home he uses his unlimited plan for everything, probably like a lot of other people.
AlinPostelnicu
Explorer
Options
That's my point... Why would the network restrict this for those with unlimited packages? Strange.