Did you mean: 

Updates on three network

(Topic created on: 29-07-2021 08:27 PM)
Members_x0q72zp
Apprentice
Options

Hi 

I know that this is a recurring question but still haven't got a real answer

I have s21 ultra on three network /Sweden (i think this goes to UK as well)

Three pushed out June update supre late and now still waiting for July's

If you compare this to firmwares that pushed ( three network ) out for the s20 and note20U you will find that three pushes OTAs at approximately same time as everyone else

Is there something wrong with three and s21 series?

Hope someone can explain

Thanks 

15 REPLIES 15
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Since it is carrier branded firmware, they are just slow at certifying it for release by Samsung. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Members_x0q72zp 

Typically a network wants to test software before allowing Samsung to push it out so that they can test that nothing within it clashes with their network apps and features.

I would suggest to take a look on your particular networks support page's for a Firmware Statement and also look on their official Forum to see if their are any similar posts similar to yours.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
I can't speak for Sweden but Three in the UK are notorious for slow updates, one of the reasons I stopped buying phones from them
Members_x0q72zp
Apprentice
Options

Yeah but if you check the s20 ( three network) you will see difference, those phones are receiving updates same time as the others 

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Since the software gets distributed to all carriers at the same time only Three can explain their actions or lack of.
0 Likes
Peterdm
Pathfinder
Options
The way Three is going, they will only drive customers .away, as my wife and myself have had it with them
Gavlee2010
Voyager
Options
I'm with three and they have fallen a month behind with security and software updates which there should be fines for carrier's if they do this. They have left our s21's Ultras vulnerable doing this.
Peterdm
Pathfinder
Options
Yes totally agree 👍
Gavlee2010
Voyager
Options
I've never known why they never get fined for it. They no that they'll get away with it every time now.
0 Likes